She intentionally takes a collaborative approach to problem-solving and sees value in having multiple perspectives when developing innovative solutions. She asks incisive questions that cut to core issues, encourages new thinking, and collaborates across functional boundaries to deliver results.
Abby assesses the strengths of each team member and effectively utilizes their abilities for each project. She makes sure that the right people are in the right roles so that the team is structured to take advantage of individual strengths in solving team challenges. Abby skillfully navigates within a variety of corporate and political cultures and is well-respected across organizations.
Abby has experience across multiple industries including healthcare, IT, telecommunications, retail and software. She often leverages her IT knowledge to solve complex challenges in a number of functional areas. She is an experienced, creative, and steadfast leader.
Abby’s professional experience includes:
- Change Management, Health Insurance: Developed and executed a transformational plan to integrate the coverage determination and redetermination functions of two organizations. Defined the shared mission, vision and scope to align stakeholders of the two organizations, and effectively transitioned the reporting structure of a group to increase visibility at a holistic, organizational level, with critical focus on leader and team member retention.
- Program Management, Retail Company: Oversaw a $12 million portfolio of ecommerce and marketing IT projects that supported strategic initiatives to increase customer loyalty and drive revenue. Projects span software development using waterfall and agile methodologies and solution selection for data analytics tools and digital asset management system.
- Transformation Design, Healthcare System: Facilitated the construction of a future-state roadmap to accelerate the organization’s goal of improving the patient experience during transitions of care. To serve as a foundation, developed a current state view of the patient journey from a physician practice to a procedural care setting and identified pain points from stakeholders. Facilitated cross-business unit work sessions to validate opportunities, develop a future-state vision and design solutions to accelerate a frictionless patient experience.
- Portfolio Management, Healthcare System: Oversaw portfolio of projects for the regulatory compliance support group of a leading healthcare provider. Served as a versatile resource from advising on organization changes to communicating with executive leadership to establishing a team and associated processes dedicated to Medicare’s Two Midnight Rule. Led the development and implementation of a custom software solution to increase the efficiency and productivity of operations.
- Project Manager and Business Analyst, Healthcare System: Solutioned an enhancement to a custom application in the management engineering division of a leading healthcare provider. Modeled the change to the application’s statistical methodology in Excel in order to analyze its impact, compare outcomes with the current statistical methodology and gain consensus from the stakeholders to implement the code change. Documented business requirements to apply the new model to existing Visual Basic code and documented current state and future state of application structure, inputs, tables, and methodology. Interfaced with developers and outsourced IT group to ensure code changes meet requirements and system integration needs for ongoing maintenance.
- Project Manager, Healthcare System: Led the implementation of an identity management system impacting 15,000 employees and non-employees at a nationwide healthcare provider. Managed multiple project work streams, including requirements gathering and prioritization, software development, system testing, user acceptance testing, data conversion, training, communications, and reporting. Analyzed processes in multiple markets and defined as-is and to-be workflow models to develop system requirements. Served as primary liaison between client and vendor to ensure software development met the business need. Developed realistic plans and milestones, managed project resources and created contingency plans.
- Project Manager, Managed Network Service Provider: Acted as operations project manager for a world-class technology company providing managed network services to customers in K-20 education, library, and government sectors. Developed project methodology to implement a new product suite of voice services.