Prior to joining Ankura, Alexandra was a manager of monitoring and investigations at Guidepost Solutions, specializing in corporate integrity monitoring, regulatory compliance, and financial investigations. Prior to joining Guidepost Solutions, Alexandra practiced law in New York and Washington, DC, focusing on litigation and investigations under the FCPA.
Alexandra’s professional experience includes:
- Global Automotive Company Monitorship: Served on the monitor team appointed by the US Department of Justice to oversee an automotive company’s adherence to a deferred prosecution agreement in connection with its recall of defective ignition switches. Led a team tasked with overseeing how safety is applied at critical stages of the new vehicle model development process.
- New York State Economic Development Program Compliance Assessment: Part of a team retained by the governor of the state of New York to conduct a review of all grants and approvals in the Buffalo Billion/Nano Economic Development Program for undisclosed conflicts of interest and to make recommendations for improvements in its operations.
- Global Bank Monitorship: Served on the monitor team appointed by the New York State Department of Financial Services to conduct a review of Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering compliance and also in connection with a settlement agreement resolving the bank’s sanctions violations. Alexandra played a key role in enhancing the “Know Your Customer” due diligence process related to the bank’s network affiliates, and she oversaw the monitor team evaluating the quality of the transaction monitoring function performed by the bank. Alexandra also conducted numerous on-site inspections of the bank’s branches and subsidiaries related to the monitorship in Europe, the Middle East, and Asia.
- Financial Fraud Investigations: Led a multidisciplinary team investigating the most complex compensation claims suspected of fraud concerning the Gulf oil spill on behalf of the Gulf Coast Claims Facility in its administration of the $20 billion British Petroleum compensation fund. Many claims involved the financial analysis of claimant’s business operations, including numerous retail and construction-related entities.
- Litigation Services: Developed a strategy and supervised and coordinated a covert investigation in a high-profile litigation matter involving a breach of fiduciary duty and trade dress infringement.
- Global Freight Forwarding Company Internal Anti-Corruption Investigation: Directed a team of attorneys engaged in a multijurisdictional internal investigation under the FCPA. Coordinated all stages of document production for the DOJ, including memos, presentations, and witness interview binders.