Karl D’Cunha is a Managing Director at Ankura, based in Chicago. He is actively involved in the investment management sector and has originated, supervised, and/or executed engagements with US and international hedge funds, private equity, venture capital, pensions, mutual funds and other financial services entities. He has led assignments pertaining to both investment banking and valuation mandates including the following focus areas:
• M&A Advisory for buy-side and sell-side acquisitions, mergers, and joint ventures
• Portfolio valuation for ASC 820/IAS 39 purposes
• Debt and equity raises for middle market private companies
• Fairness opinions, solvency opinions, and other transaction related valuations
• Distressed portfolio sales (buy-side and sell-side advisory)
•Special situations and distressed M&A
• Valuation and M&A advisory for international cross-border transactions.
Karl also has over 20 years of investment management advisory experience during which time he has advised on M&A, capital raising, portfolio transactions, and other transaction advisory. The transactions have spanned the entire industry but focused primarily on alternative asset managers, including hedge funds, private equity and private debt firms, and real estate asset managers. Karl also has extensive experience in middle market investment banking, special situation transaction advisory, distressed M&A and valuation.