Katherine specializes in helping companies define their business processes and technical requirements, selecting software solutions to meet those needs, and evaluating their IT resources for maximum effectiveness and efficiency. She is particularly skilled at coordinating and communicating across business and technology groups, able to translate the needs of end users into technical directives and to distill complex information into insights for non-technical executives and staff.
Katherine joined Ankura with the 2018 acquisition of c3/consulting, where she was the head of operations, finance, human resources, and technology. As one of the original c3 partners, she has consulted with many clients on IT solutions and their implementation. Prior to c3, Katherine was the chief information officer of TCS Management Group (now Aspect Communications), a developer of industry-leading workforce management software.
Katherine’s professional experience includes:
- Technology Assessments, Multiple Clients: Evaluate IT processes, staffing, and legacy systems involving a variety of platforms for companies across many industries. These projects involve weighing the key components and interdependencies of the multiple systems supporting the business and communicating the risks to business stakeholders. Katherine then makes recommendations and helps develop plans for future IT projects and technology updates.
- Enterprise Human Capital Management Implementation, Large National Retail Client: Guided the selection, configuration, and rollout of a comprehensive new system serving the company’s more than 2,500 locations and 20,000 employees and retirees throughout the US and Canada. The project scope included all human resources, payroll, and benefits functions, as well as in-house applications and data interfaces with outside vendors.
- Software Selection, Clinic Network: Provided leadership and business-based technical expertise for a large healthcare company whose network of clinics needed new systems for practice management and electronic medical recordkeeping. Katherine reviewed business issues with management and operational issues with clinic staff to identify their key requirements. She then guided the team through the request-for-proposal process and helped stakeholders evaluate and compare the benefits and trade-offs of various features and modules.
- New Venture Advisory, Publishing Company: Worked with the start-up team to develop overall business requirements for a software system to support a new line of business. Katherine synthesized the business and system requirements for the initial applications; researched relevant existing software applications, both commercially and internally available; and developed a high-level architecture to incorporate the applications and connecting interfaces.
- Project Management, Insurance Technology Company: Worked on numerous strategic IT projects, including data-warehouse implementation, IT problem management, and the implementation of more formal change management and release management processes for a large national company that operates multiple call centers.
- New Business Launch Management, National Fulfillment Company: Managed the launch of a new line of business that involved the client’s new customer and its unique service and data requirements. Katherine helped lead the complex integration of three disparate systems (a mainframe-based, legacy order-management system; a Unix-based, full-featured, commercial warehouse management system and an in-house Windows-based delivery tracking system), completing the project on time and on budget.
- IT Staffing Assessment, Software Company: Evaluated the organization of the software development staff and supporting departments for a fast-growing technology client. The final recommendations resulted in more efficient operations and a more effective software-development process.