Prior to Ankura, she served as the vice president of technology, support, and training at an intranet start-up and had previously spent several years at a software company. Merrill began her career at an independent investor relations firm where she managed the corporate presentations office.
Merrill’s professional experience includes:
- Strategic Planning and Execution, Physician-Led Outpatient Treatment Centers: Led the efforts to accelerate the growth of a multi-state network backed by private-equity investors. Merrill managed the team that developed an 18-month, cross-functional plan, and provided change-management expertise to guide its implementation. She collaborated with the client to create playbooks, training programs, and toolkits for the operational team. The results included doubling the number of center openings and of new payer contracts, and a 50 percent increase in the annualized revenue run-rate.
- Acquisition Integration, Health Plan: Supported the integration management office during the first 100 days after closing. Merrill led multiple facilitation sessions and small groups to align the executive team on growth strategies for the subsequent 18 months. She also developed comprehensive plans for the evolution of four product lines.
- IT Scalability Assessment, Hospitality Analytics Company: Analyzed existing operations and developed a holistic road map to reorganize and position the IT department to meet evolving business needs and growth objectives. She then oversaw the planning and execution of the highest priority initiatives.
- Program and Change Management, Global Kidney-Care Company: Led the development of several custom software applications, starting with an integrated scheduling system that would balance space, resources, and patient volume more effectively across more than 3,000 clinics worldwide. Merrill oversaw the resources, budget, and timelines throughout the software development lifecycle, and supported the rollout across the enterprise. The new scheduling system saved the company $8.3 million within the first year. The other custom programs included an electronic prescription platform to comply with government regulations, a comprehensive mobile-and-web platform for physicians, and a task management system for clinical operations.
- Process Optimization, Global Healthcare Corporation: Collaborated with multiple key stakeholders to integrate the provider enrollment process with the physician credentialing system. Merrill led the project’s core team across all areas, including the documentation and analysis of existing processes that informed new workflow designs. She developed the data conversion and implementation strategies, then created and deployed the training curriculum for the new application and process changes.
- Project Portfolio Management (PPM) Process Design and Implementation, Healthcare Services Company: Managed the introduction of a project management process for the human resources department. She designed and implemented a project lifecycle process and governance structure, and facilitated the training of senior leadership on the new process.
- Resource Capacity Analysis and Planning, Healthcare Services Company: Led a project to develop a resource planning tool. Merrill analyzed existing capacity and assessed resource allocation across category, function, and area. The custom tool highlighted planned and anticipated staffing needs across the department. Merrill also established the processes for managing the tool.
- Technology Strategy and Business Analysis, Intranet Start-Up: As vice president of technology, served as chief business architect and managed the development of proprietary, complex, web-based software for franchise sales and operations, from initial release through subsequent upgrades and product changes. The software supported more than $18 million in sales across 60 franchise stores.