Merrill was a Principal at c3/consulting, which was acquired by Ankura in 2018. Prior to that, she was Vice President of Technology for an internet startup company. She managed the development process of complex web-based franchise sales and operations software from initial release through subsequent upgrades and product changes successfully working with staff, franchise owners, and contract technical resources. She worked as the chief architect on the proprietary software program that integrated multiple third-party systems and managed more than $20 million in online sales. Additionally, she directed technical projects including: company website, company intranet system, and the franchise sales leads tracking software.
Merrill’s professional experience includes:
- Worked with key project stakeholders at a large healthcare corporation to integrate their provider enrollment process with their physician credentialing system. She provided leadership and guidance to the project core team across all project areas. She documented existing processes and procedures, and led facilitation and analysis to develop new workflows. She was responsible for development of data conversion and implementation strategies. She worked with business and technical staffs to manage requirements for new development to complement existing system, applying strong analysis skills to identify and resolve requirements issues. In addition, she designed, created, and deployed training curriculum to support the new software and process change along with management reports and executive dashboards.
- Served as program manager for custom developed scheduling system implemented in over 3000 clinics for a Fortune 500 healthcare company resulting in 8 million in annual savings. She led a 140+ cross-departmental team through the full software developmement lifecycle from concept to implemenation across the entreprise.
- Developed a prioritized, strategic roadmap, strategic governance process for a healthcare company focused on growing revenue by 10x over a 2-year period. Following the strategic planning, she led a cross-fucntional team in the creation of detailed actionable plans and successful execution on the key intatives spanning across the company operations. The initiavies included creation of operational playbooks, analysis and optimization of key processes, and development of various market tools to accelerate expansion.
- Managed a project to establish an initial project management process (PPM) for a department at a leading provider of specialized, comprehensive health and care support solutions. The PPM project included the design and implementation of the lifecycle process of individual projects and the governance of the process. The project involved the creation of a comprehensive project inventory across the department, a set of required deliverables for each stage of the lifecycle and a detailed process map with supporting documentation for managing the process. In addition, the project involved facilitating meetings with senior leadership and providing training to leaders within the organization on the new project management process. Project benefits included improved visibility and tracking for all projects governed by the process, and a mechanism for prioritizing projects and making decisions.
- Led a project to establish a resource-planning tool for a company in the healthcare industry. The resource planning project involved analyzing the current capacity within the department and provided an assessment of the allocation of the resources across category, function, and department. The project also included the development of a resource plan to highlight anticipated/planned resource needs across the group and the implementation of a process to manage the plan. As a component of the project, a comprehensive time tracking pilot was introduced to a subset of the group to test the model within the organization, concluding with a recommendation. Results included greater visibility into resource allocation across departments and a key tool for leadership resource planning and staffing decisions.
- As vice president of technology, managed the development process of complex proprietary software system. Designed and implemented training curriculum for franchise classroom and small group settings at the corporate training facility and client sites. Streamlined franchise support through the implementation of an account management structure, franchise advisory board, and consistent communication processes. Managed employees in the corporate office and corporate store including goal setting, ongoing training, and periodic reviews. Handled many human resource functions for the company such as screening and interviewing recruiting candidates, managing company payroll, and facilitating employee benefits.
- As account team manager, managed a team of consultants responsible for the support of over 300 software installations, ranging in value from $50,000 to $3,000,000 at a communications firm. Resolved client crisis management situations and other complex issues.