With myriad rules and interpretations, revenue recognition issues have always presented a particularly difficult challenge for reporting companies, regulators, and financial officers. Ankura professionals have been deeply involved in all sides of interpreting, preparing, auditing, and enforcing a wide variety of revenue recognition accounting rules. Our experience enables us to serve clients involved in all aspects of reporting, disputing, or defending this important accounting area.
- Provide consulting advice on the propriety of revenue recognition transactions
- Preparation assistance or objective assessment of “white papers” or advocacy undertakings
- Assistance in accounting communications with the SEC or other regulators
- Independent, balanced, and unbiased perspective of revenue recognition issues and risks
- Serve as an interface between clients and auditors or third-party financial stakeholders
- Presentation of results and interface with government regulatory authorities