July 22, 2021
03:00 pm - 04:00 pm ET
About the Webinar
Cosponsored with Sidley Austin LLP.
In Van Buren v. United States, the Supreme Court ruled Van Buren did not “exceed authorized access” to the database, as the CFAA defines that phrase, even though he obtained information from the database for an improper purpose. In sum, an individual “exceeds authorized access” when he accesses a computer with authorization but then obtains information located in particular areas of the computer that are off limits to him.
Join our team of legal and cyber forensic experts to learn more about how the Van Buren decision will impact your investigations and the related legal considerations.
What You’ll Learn:
- How will the Van Buren decision impact your investigations?
- What are the legal considerations?
- What’s in store for insider threat investigations?
- What’s in store for terms of service violations?
- Will the Van Buren decision change the dynamic of network intrusion cases?
Who Should Attend:
- Legal Counsel
- Privacy and Cybersecurity Officers
- Ethics, Integrity and Compliance Officers
- Human Resource Officers
- Anyone involved with insider threat investigations
- Sujit Raman, Partner, Sidley Austin LLP
- Josh Friedman, Associate General Counsel, Cybersecurity Law & Investigations, Facebook
- Johnathan Bridbord, Managing Director, Ankura
- Clayton G. Northouse, Partner, Sidley Austin LLP