November 18, 2020
12:00 pm - 01:00 pm ET
About the Webinar
On November 30th, the interim DFARS Case 2019–D041 becomes effective as the rule formally putting the CMMC cybersecurity regulation in force. The Rule goes further, however, by describing a new and more rigorous regime around the requirement for enhanced attestation, to NIST 800-171, under DFARS 252.204–7012.
Our expert panel includes a defense-sector CISO who lived the DFARS 7012 origination as the “test case”, a provisionally licensed CMMC C3PAO, and a Washington-based law firm with deep government contracts expertise. We will discuss the practical implications of both CMMC and the updated DFARS requirements from the strategic business perspective, the technical perspective, and the legal perspective. Our emphasis will be how companies should approach their cybersecurity obligations and what companies should be doing now to ensure they are ready for the scrutiny and oversight that will come with this new rule.
- Scott Corzine, Senior Managing Director, Ankura
- Stephen P. Gilmer, Senior Director, Ankura
- Amy S. Mushahwar, Partner, Alston & Bird
- Timothy Woodcome, Business Unit Director, NQA Global
Previous webinars in the series
- A Practical Approach to CMMC
- Caution CMMC Ahead: You May Be a Covered Entity!
- Preparing for the CMMC Auditor
Upcoming webinars in the series
December 2 | CMMC and the Federal Civilian Government