October 22, 2021
02:00 pm - 03:00 pm ET
About the Webinar
The variety of industry, state, and local laws governing data privacy is expanding in the U.S., creating a patchwork quilt of regulations and requirements that organizations are struggling to sew together. The common thread all organizations must needle are the security controls and policies necessary to protect the privacy of their customers, partners, and employees.
Our three-part webinar series will feature leaders from across the legal and policy arenas offering their expertise on pressing topics at the intersection of cybersecurity and privacy, including:
- The current and future state of U.S. privacy regulation and the impact on security controls and requirements
- How organizations can best align their people, processes, and technology to marry security and privacy initiatives
- How third-party/vendor relationships can play into an organization’s overall privacy and security posture
- The global nature of data and how privacy regulations between countries impact data transfer considerations and security requirements
- The potential impact of privacy regulations in the event of a security breach, including notification requirements, penalties/fines, and defining responsible parties
Anjali is a Partner and Co-chair of Wilson Elser’s national Cybersecurity & Data Privacy Practice. She is also a member of the Information Governance Leadership Committee and Insurance Coverage practice team. Anjali is responsible for oversight of cyber crisis management and incident response for clients that have been the victim of an actual or suspected data breach. Anjali routinely advises clients on their legal rights and responsibilities under state, federal, and international privacy laws.
Gina is a Partner and Co-Lead of Nelson Mullins’ Data Protection, Privacy and Security Practice. Gina has a 20-year career in data privacy and healthcare law, practicing her entire at career at AmLaw 100 law firms. Gina has represented clients in hundreds of matters involving data protection, privacy, and cybersecurity. She is approved cyber incident and investigations counsel for two of the largest insurance carriers in the world.
Christy Hawkins focuses her practice on privacy, cybersecurity, and incident response. She advises clients on state, federal, and international data security and privacy issues, including compliance and risk management. She supports organizations of all sizes and in various market sectors, including financial institutions, healthcare, hospitality, human resources, franchise, e-commerce, technology, real estate, manufacturing, insurance, pharmaceutical, software/SaaS, and security. Christy conducts risk assessments and prepares key documentation to enhance and support privacy and cybersecurity programs of all sizes and maturity levels.