150 North Riverside Plaza, Suite 2400
Chicago, IL 60606
Dave Brown is a Managing Director at Ankura with an extensive healthcare program/development management experience. Dave has over 40 years of relevant experience, more than 30 of which has been dedicated to healthcare planning, design, and construction. In his various roles, Dave has built and led a healthcare design practice, been in charge of over 200 healthcare projects, and been the project executive for seven open, operating greenfield replacement hospitals.
Dave has completed planning, design, and implementation for more than 50 hospitals, academic and regional medical centers and led the planning, design, and construction of 30 ambulatory care centers and four specialty facilities. He has managed over $3.5 billion in total project value and participated in multiple due diligence assignments requiring the analysis and risk assessment of major capital projects.
Dave’s professional experience includes:
- Mount Carmel Health System, Columbus, OH: Owner’s representative services for facilities totaling (new construction and renovation) approximately 1,200,000 sf, with a CM at-risk and a fast track IPD approach.
- Genesis HealthCare System, Zanesville, OH: Owner’s representative services for facilities totaling (new construction and renovation) approximately 415,000 sf, with a CM at-risk and a fast track IPD approach. Functional and space programs consisted of a two-hospital system consolidating all services to a single campus.
- Kettering Health Network, Kettering, OH: Owner’s representative services for cancer center (new construction) totaling approximately 122,000 sf, with a CM at-risk.
- Kettering Health Network, Kettering, OH: Owner’s representative services for two free-standing emergency departments (new construction) totaling approximately 50,000 sf, with a design-build contractor.
- Kettering Health Network, Beavercreek, OH: Owner’s representative services for emergency department expansion (new construction) totaling approximately 15,000 sf, with a CM at-risk.
- Genesis Health System, Zanesville, OH: Master plan implementation to consolidate two existing inpatient acute facilities onto one campus. Includes new four-story tower with ED, surgery, and ICU along with renovation of existing bed towers.
- Beacon Health Systems, Memorial Children’s Hospital of South Bend, IN: Vertical addition of regional medical center to develop a “hospital within a hospital.”
- Kettering Health Network, Kettering, OH: Capital project delivery process.
- University Medical Center of Princeton at Plainsboro, NJ (UMPCC): $500 million, 240-bed brown replacement hospital with a six-story bed tower and development of a healthcare campus. “Pebble Project” implementing measurable evidence-based design best practices.
- Our Lady of Lourdes Regional Medical Center, Lafayette, LA: 194-bed, 414,000 square foot, full-service greenfield replacement hospital with integrated outpatient pavilion.
- Kettering Health System, Kettering, OH: 120-bed new market hospital in the greater Dayton, Ohio area with a five-story bed tower and associated 100,000 square foot MOB as well as multiple expansions.
- New Orleans East, Hospital Service District, New Orleans, LA: Over 80-bed redevelopment of the Pendleton Memorial Methodist Hospital.
- Elkhart General Hospital, Elkhart, IN: Master facility plan implementation including emergency, heart and vascular, ambulatory surgery, new ICU, women’s and children’s, complete renovation of the main floor with multiple support departments, and a new MOB and parking garage.
- Elkhart General Hospital/Beacon, Elkhart, IN: Surgery replacement project consisting of a three-story addition on top of the current west bed tower. Included new 44-bed surgical inpatient unit.
- Joseph Hospital, Mishawaka, IN: Master facility plan implementation including new emergency, women’s and children’s, replacement of surgery and SPD, radiology expansion, cardiology expansion, multiple renovations, and an outreach ambulatory surgery center and MOB.
- Witham Memorial Hospital, Lebanon, IN: 50-bed greenfield replacement hospital.
- Joseph Hospital, South Bend, IN: Master facility plan implementation including MOB, cancer care, heart surgery, day surgery, emergency, acute rehab, and radiology as well as numerous inpatient and support department renovations.
- Bremen Community Hospital, Bremen, IN: 23-bed critical access replacement hospital.
- Danbury Hospital, Danbury, CT: Three-story MOB clinical integration project with parking garage attached to hospital.
- Bellevue Hospital, Bellevue, OH: 50-bed greenfield replacement hospital.
- Metro Health Hospital, Wyoming, MI: 208-bed greenfield replacement hospital with a six-story bed tower and mixed use “Healthcare Village” campus.
- Doctors Hospital, Columbus Ohio: Emergency and medical education addition to an Ohio health facility.
- Graduate of University of Notre Dame School of Architecture
- American Institute of Architects
- Indiana Society of Architects
- Professional Services Management Association
- Indiana Hospital Association
- Certified by the National Council of Architectural Registration Boards