Manuela Mackert is a Senior Managing Director at Ankura based in Germany with more than a decade of experience. She is a lawyer with expertise in compliance, value-based culture change, digital ethics (ESG/CDR), national and international HR management, law, M&A projects with compliance/HR context, complex restructuring, and varied transformation projects in different ICT companies.
Through her early involvement in business strategies and transformation projects, as well as her active implementation support through business model-specific compliance consulting and the use of digital tools, Manuela has set benchmarks in the industry, mirrored by investors, rating agencies, suppliers, and partners.
Manuela has derived clear strategic goals from her analysis of the dynamic developments in the ICT market, digital transformation, and new working models and methods. Before joining Ankura, in her previous role, Manuela actively assumed entrepreneurial digital responsibility at a very early stage and intensively studied future technologies and the ethical handling of them.
Manuela’s professional experience includes:
- Served as Chief Compliance Officer of Deutsche Telekom AG. During this time, she made a significant contribution to DT’s strategic and sustainable development of compliance and enhanced their reputation as a trustworthy partner.
- As part of the HR functions in the Deutsche Telekom Group, she played a significant role in driving forward and implementing restructuring measures, personnel reorganization, and performance management in numerous strategic realignment projects and mergers & acquisitions of highly legal, content-related, and organizational complexity.
- Established a risk-based and business-oriented compliance approach, which was rewarded in 2019 and 2020 with the internal service quality benchmark, the so-called Performance TRI*M ISQ index value, with outstanding values distinctly above the Telekom overall value.
- Set standards in the industry with a risk- and business model-oriented as well as value-based compliance and a ‘cutting edge’ compliance management system. Under her leadership DT was certificated with regard to the IDW PS compliance standard / ISO 37001 several times, which was a competitive advantage in public tender, deal pitches, and partnering.
- Made significant contribution to establish integrity and trust as the “Deutsche Telekom brand” and thus a relevant differentiating feature and competitive factor on the ICT market.
- Established business ethics and continued to develop the common attitude at Deutsche Telekom towards a values-based compliance culture. Established from the “Transparent Corporate Culture”, this initiative was honored in 2018 and 2019 with the Ethisphere Institute’s “World’s Most Ethical Companies” award in the Telecommunications category, Thought Leader in Digital Ethics: Initiator of the Group-wide AI initiative, Co-Creator of Deutsche Telekom AG’s Self-Binding Artificial Intelligence (AI) Guidelines; published in May 2018 as one of the first companies worldwide.
- Firmly shaped AI responsibility through analyses of the implications for business operations and technological development (“Digital Ethics by Design”). Integrated / implemented digital ethics within the Deutsche Telekom AG Group with internal and external impact.