485 Lexington Avenue, 10th Floor
New York, NY 10017
Neetin Gulati is a Senior Director at Ankura who specializes in advising clients on structuring and negotiating complex transactions, and, in particular, joint venture-related transactions. His has worked across a wide range of transaction types, including M&A, divestitures and spin-offs, minority equity investments, joint ventures, alliances and partnerships.
Prior to joining Ankura, Neetin worked at a global management consulting firm, where he advised clients on a variety of M&A due diligence and corporate strategy engagements, and Barclays, where he focused on transaction structuring, shareholder activism and corporate finance. He also practiced law at Cravath, Swaine & Moore, where he advised on M&A and corporate finance transactions.
Neetin has published in Harvard Business Review, BCG Perspectives, Newsweek, The Corporate Board, Compliance and Ethics Professionals (CEP) Magazine, and the Journal for Natural Resources and Energy Law.
Neetin’s professional experience includes:
- Advised a Middle Eastern state-owned energy company regarding subsidiary governance, compliance and reporting expectations, and corporate governance function.
- Conducted an assessment of a global natural resources company’s governance of an African non-operated joint ventures and developed a set of contract clauses to include in future joint ventures to reduce the company’s environmental and social risk.
- Optimized corporate governance for privately-held EV-charging company by defining roles and responsibilities, and standardizing interface between the management team and board of directors.
- Advised the board of directors of a multipartner multibillion natural resources joint venture regarding joint venture governance, with a focus on helping the board effectively manage the venture while simultaneously planning for a major expansion of operations.
- Advised a multipartner global education business on changes to its governance and operating model to facilitate growth and the development of new products.
- Advised a consortium of state-owned and publicly owned oil and gas companies on how to collaborate and develop actionable methane emissions reduction opportunities through collaboration and shared expertise.
- JD, Pritzker School of Law at Northwestern University
- MBA, Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University
- MS, Scientific Computing & Computational Mathematics, Stanford University
- BS, Electrical Engineering & Computer Science, University of California, Berkeley