Chris has been appointed as delay expert on several occasions and has given evidence under cross-examination. A particular field of expertise is in analysis of delay, its causation and illustration of impact, and dealing with issues of prolongation, disruption, EOT entitlement, and concurrency.
A selection of Chris’ expert witness appointments includes:
- Mineral Resources (Manganese) Plant, Australia: Processing plant and materials handling: Time impact expert on a dispute between the design engineering firm and head contractor. Preparation of expert report on issues of delay in the construction of a manganese extraction plant resulting from delays to the fabrication and erection of steel structures.
- Mineral Resources (Desalination) Plant, Australia: Time impact expert on a dispute between the principal and head contractor. Assisting mediation process by reviewing delay impacts and providing an expert report.
- Power Station, Australia: Time impact expert on a dispute between the principal and EPC contractor. Delay analysis and preparation of expert report to assist in mediation proceedings.
- Mass Rapid Transit Line, Singapore: Time impact expert on a dispute between the head contractor and piling/diaphragm wall subcontractor. Delay analysis and preparation of expert report for head contractor.
- High Rise Apartment Block, Australia: Time impact expert on a dispute between principal and head contractor (engaged by head contractor). Delay analysis and preparation of expert report. Crossed examined in arbitral proceedings, the head contractor was relieved of all time related liquidated damages as claimed by principal.
- LNG Plant, Australia: Time impact expert on a dispute between pipe insulation contractor and head contractor. Delay analysis and preparation of expert report.
- A selection of Chris’ other experience includes:
- Major Highway Infrastructure, Equatorial Guinea: Providing pre-arbitral advice to main contractor and support to counsel in drafting statement of case for disputes with principal. Assessment and illustration of delay and disruption caused by the acts and omissions of the principal.
- Major Rail Project, Hong Kong: Support to principal in mediation with main contractor for disputes relating to extensions of time and prolongation costs due.
- Overhead Transmission Line Project, New Zealand: Delay analysis and preparation of EOT claim on behalf of main works contractor.
- Nitric Acid/ Ammonia Nitrate Plant Project, Australia: Review of contract documentation and claims advice for EPC contractor involved in construction of nitric acid/ ammonia nitrate plant.
- Sewage Treatment Plant, Hong Kong: Support to main contractor in mediation with principal. Forensic delay analysis and preparation of position papers.
- Hospital, Australia: Assessment of extension of time claims, document/record review on behalf of concrete structure pre stressing contractor.