Jacqui Record is a Senior Managing Director at Ankura with expertise in disputes and investigations. She is based in Dubai and has been in the Middle East for the last nine years. Jacqui was previously the head of Deloitte’s Middle East disputes practice and has more than 25 years of litigation and forensic investigation experience in UK, Europe, Middle East, and Africa. She has provided expert evidence over 50 times in a wide variety of forums around the world and is listed in the Who’s Who Legal’s list of worldwide recognized experts.
Jacqui’s selected professional experience includes:
- Appointed by the respondent to provide an expert witness report and testimony in a dispute between a UAE oil and gas manufacturer and a contractor due to the delayed completion of the construction project.
- Forensic investigation and dispute advisory assistance to a large Middle East parastatal regarding funds recovery related to large scale misappropriation by senior management. Work included utilizing forensic technology investigative techniques to collate, host, and analyze huge amounts of data.
- Appointed expert in a large shareholder dispute before the Center for Amicable Settlement of Disputes in Dubai.
- Appointed as a Dubai Supreme Court expert in a large shareholder dispute for a multi-national family owned business group.
- Appointed expert for the claimant in a DIAC arbitration to assess the loss of profit on the delay in the operation of a hotel.
- Investigation / dispute advisory regarding potential claims on a multi-billion-dollar transport infrastructure project including cash flow and cost reviews.
- Appointed expert for the respondent in a Qatar arbitration to assess the loss of profit on the termination of an asset operation agreement.
- Appointed expert for the respondent, a Middle East property developer, in an ICC UK matter to assess the loss of profit claim due to the cancellation of a marketing agreement.
- Appointed expert for the claimant on a BIT matter regarding the loss of land use for a European logistics entity.
- Appointed expert for the claimant, a Middle East oil and gas entity, in an ICC UK matter to assess quantum on a terminated infrastructure project.
- Appointed expert, acting for the claimant in a DIAC arbitration matter regarding the early termination of a processing plant project in Africa assessing loss of profits, actual costs, and settlement agreements for suppliers.
- Appointed to provide a dispute advisory for a large family group in the UAE to assist with a claim before the Dubai courts with a value more than AED 1 billion. Assisting the client to present arguments and financial information to the court appointed accounting expert.
- Tribunal appointed expert for a dispute between a Middle East telecoms operator and US service provider to assess the quantum of losses.
- Appointed expert on a UK construction adjudication matter to assess the calculation of claims for variations in the contract for a large transport parastatal.
- Expert assessor assisting the Public Protector regarding the highly publicized Strategic Fuel Fund investigation. Including verbal and written reporting to Parliament on two separate occasions.
- Investigation engagement in Jordan, the work involved assessing allegations for fraud and misuse of position against the former CEO of a large parastatal company. The value of the losses was more than $100 million.
- Forensic investigation for a European construction company into irregularities at its Dubai subsidiary, including financial statement reconstruction.
Honors & awards
- Who’s Who Legal says: “Jacqui Record is highly regarded by respondents to our research thanks to her excellent ability on fraud and loss-of-profit investigations.”
- “Jacqui is ‘a very impressive practitioner’ who commentators state ‘is excellent at forensic accounting for construction disputes’.”
- News & events
Insights & innovation