Jamar Haywood is a Managing Director at Ankura, based in New York. He has over 15 years of both professional and strategic expertise in the legal and technology field. He has re-engineered and rebranded departments, developed optimal workflows, revised technical protocols, and helped clients control legal spend by leveraging technology. Jamar has extensive experience in providing custom-tailored technical and strategic solutions to meet individual client needs. Jamar has worked at numerous Am Law 100 Law firms, including Skadden Arps Slate Meagher & Flom, Wilkie Farr & Gallagher, and Sullivan & Cromwell.
Jamar’s professional experience includes:
- For a Regulatory Investigation: Served as a subject matter expert for a global financial institution on a data integrity advisory matter related to a regulatory investigation with numerous US regulators.
- For a Corporate Client: Advised on sourcing and implementing legal technology solutions for cost savings.
- For an Am Law50 Law Firm: Successfully re-engineered the eDiscovery department of an Am Law 50 law firm and developed eDiscovery protocols and guidelines for mitigation of risk.
- For a Corporate Client: Served as a subject matter expert for a corporate client’s redevelopment of internal eDiscovery processes and protocols for cost savings and optimization.
- For a Corporate Client: Provided guidance to corporate client on legal spend guidelines to manage external spend and risk.
- For a Global Financial Institution: Led a team of over 20 eDiscovery professionals for a global financial institution client in a matter related to a global investigation of Libor rate fixing involving numerous global regulators including CFTC, DOJ, and UK’s FSA.