Jim’s professional experience includes:
- Opened the Manhattan office and managed operations for the corporate trust department of a respected financial institution, offering the following services: indenture trustee for 144A-high-yield bond offerings, successor indenture trustee for distressed and conflict situations, Chapter 11 unsecured creditor committee representation/bankruptcy restructurings, loan administrative and collateral agent for distressed bank debt, DIP and exit bank financings, successor loan administrative agent for outstanding credit facilities, escrow agent/custodian for Section 363 asset sales, as well as M&A, intellectual property, employment, and liquidating and litigation trustee.
- Managed business development and relationship management functions in the corporate trust department of a significant financial institution in New York City. Founded the administrative and collateral agent business line as a nonlender agent for this corporate trust department.
- Involved with many of the largest and most complex Chapter 11 cases, including Lehman Brothers, General Motors, General Growth Properties, RESCAP, Calpine, Kodak, Bicent Power, Great Atlantic & Pacific Tea Company, Washington Mutual, LightSquared, Dana Automotive, Fibermark, KMart, WorldCom.
- Worked on the structure and implementation of the Motors Liquidation Company General Unsecured Creditors Trust (Old GM Corporation).
- Worked extensively with both the legal and commercial printing industries.
Jim is a member of the American Bankruptcy Institute, the Loan Syndications & Trading Association, and the Turnaround Management Association.