Jessica specializes in helping organizations implement holistic strategies for data management and security. She works with internal and external stakeholders to operationalize policy compliance, execute efficient investigations, and implement nimble responses to information demands.
Jessica has led efforts across the lifecycle of many complex and data-intensive litigations, investigations and transactions. She also assists companies with augmenting their compliance investigation processes through the deployment of advanced technologies and workflows.
Before joining Ankura in 2016, she was most recently a senior managing director at FTI Consulting.
Jessica’s professional experience includes:
- Multinational Anti-Bribery/Anti-Corruption Investigations: Led a large-scale document review effort for a global pharmaceutical company facing US and international regulatory investigation in multiple jurisdictions in which she:
- Guided a multidisciplinary team of several dozen professionals supporting the processing and production of multiple terabytes of data.
- Staffed hundreds of English and foreign language lawyers conducting document review of the millions of files implicated by the production demands of various authorities and investigative needs of the company.
- Coordinated in-country forensic collection and mobile document review to accommodate restrictions on data movement.
- Gulf Oil Spill Investigation: Supported a major defendant in litigation and investigation response resulting from event in which she:
- Led the team responsible for managing data processing, document review workflow development, and multiple terabytes of incoming and outgoing production volumes.
- SEC/DOJ Investigation: Developed a large-scale data conversion effort to merge legacy eDiscovery databases for a large financial institution responding to SEC and DOJ investigation in which she:
- Designed and implemented custom process to reduce overlapping email information from various, disparate data sources to minimize the cost of compliance.
- Multi-District Litigation: Led teams in the acquisition, review, and production of over multiple terabytes of electronically stored information for a large pharmaceutical manufacturer.
- Supported over 1,200 attorneys reviewing data simultaneously.
- Participated alongside counsel in negotiating production format and defending eDiscovery efforts to a court-appointed special master.
- Preferred Partnership: Fostered ongoing preferred eDiscovery provider partnerships with multiple major corporations.
- Participated in team conferences with inside legal team and outside counsel to implement best practices, data reuse, and efficient working methods.
- Supported development of centralized playbook for different matter scenarios and data types. Facilitated efficient working methods across a portfolio of hundreds of active matters of varying sizes and complexities. Industries supported include Pharmaceutical, Energy, and Hospitality.
- Litigation Readiness Exercise for Regional Hospital System: Supported development of comprehensive data risk assessment plan and systems inventory for litigation readiness.
- Conducted interviews of relevant system owners and document details in formal data map.
Jessica earned a bachelor’s degree from Yale University. She is a certified information privacy manager, a member of the International Association of Privacy Professionals, and a member of the Sedona Conference Working Group on Data Security and Data Privacy. She frequently speaks formally on the risks and rewards of data management.