Nick has over 30 years’ experience including 15 years’ at the Partnership level with Big Four Forensic teams, dealing with client matters across the integrity spectrum in both Asia Pacific and the Middle East. Nick also has in-house experience with an American multinational retail corporation where he ran their Global Procurement investigation team whilst based in China. Nick began his career with the Royal Hong Kong Police where he served for 11 years, attaining the rank of Detective Senior Inspector with the Commercial Crime Bureau before leaving the force shortly after the 1997 handover.
Specific experience includes:
- Led the development and roll out of an APAC and EMEA ethics and compliance program for a major US headquartered multinational, the focus of the work was local regulatory compliance assessments and the development of a risk-based approach to managing integrity risk.
- Led the development of a legal risk register focusing on Anti-Money Laundering and Financial Crime legislation across APAC jurisdictions for a major Financial Services organization.
- Led a major FCPA focused investigation across Asia, covering many years of allegedly inappropriate business dealings and the development of questionable business practices for a multinational corporation.
- Led a major regulatory driven, trading investigation across the region for a Financial institution following the identification of suspicious activities. The work involved the collation and analysis of a large volume of historic trading data and a complex business intelligence-based investigation.
- Led a team to assess and develop an anti-fraud/corruption and compliance program for a major utility company covering the Asia Pacific region. Developed training programs and facilitated senior managements’ buy-in.
- Led an anti-competition regulatory focused investigation into alleged cartel activity surrounding the bidding processes for major infrastructure projects.
- News & events
Insights & innovation