485 Lexington Avenue, 10th Floor
New York, NY 10017
Ben Woolley is a Managing Director at Ankura based in New York. He is a certified Project Management Professional with more than 15 years of experience in capital project risk management and forensic analysis of construction projects in dispute settings. His expertise includes construction cost and damages analysis, Critical Path Method (CPM) schedule development and analysis, including baseline schedule development, project progress tracking and risk management, and forensic analysis of schedule delay and disruption. Ben has worked with owners, contractors, sub-contractors, insurers, and the insured in development and resolution of construction claims including issues such as schedule delay, acceleration, loss of productivity, period of interruption/liability, and cost overruns.
Ben’s professional experience includes:
- Developed a forensic schedule analysis to determine the delay in completing a mid-rise residential complex in Houston that was impacted by Hurricane Harvey.
- Performed an analysis of the costs required to rebuild a biodiesel plant in Memphis, Tennessee following an explosion, and the comparative costs required to rebuild the plant as it existed prior to the accident (appraisal).
- Developed an expert report regarding schedule delay and resulting damages on a retirement community renovation in southern Florida (arbitration).
- Analyzed the productivity for railroad installation on a major infrastructure project in Canada to determine the loss of productivity resulting from lack of continuous work site access. Assisted the contractor in development of a change order request.
- Developed a forensic schedule analysis and expert report regarding the period of interruption following an explosion at an olefins plant in Louisiana (arbitration).
- Assisted a major government contractor in the development of requests for equitable adjustment to recover losses due to the cumulative impact of design changes made by a government agency on a $1 billion engineering program.
- Analyzed the startup and commissioning of a coal-fired power plant to determine the impact of catastrophic failure of the air quality control system (AQCS) to substantial completion of the project.
- Assisted the owner of a combined cycle power plant in analyzing delay claims brought by a contractor alleging failure to meet contract obligations in issuance of design documents, RFI response time, equipment supply, and change order administration.
- Provided expert testimony before a jury in Delaware Superior Court regarding the time required to repair damage to an aluminum plant in Memphis, Tennessee following a steam explosion.
- Assisted a major railroad manufacturer in determining the delay and disruption to a multi-million-dollar railroad systems upgrade program resulting from late changes in the requirements of the design, late issuance of requirements and specifications, and late access to system-critical information.
Capital Project Advisory
- Provided technical schedule advisory services to a general contractor during construction of a 43-story high-rise apartment building. Services included review of progress schedules and analysis of schedule delay impacts during construction.
- Assisted an insurer with review and analysis of the cost of remedial work for structural retrofits on a healthcare facility. Services included review of budgets, proposals, bids, and analysis of costs incurred as work was performed.
- Performed an assessment of project schedules for a hospital program in excess of $1 billion. Services included analysis of critical path schedules to determine potential delay impacts, key risk factors, and assessment of a realistic view of the path forward.
- Provided technical schedule advisory and project risk management services to a major airline to assist in the construction of a $1.5 billion airport terminal expansion and renovation in the New York City metropolitan area. Services included review and tracking of contract milestones, review and tracking of CPM schedules, development and assistance with project controls, and identification and mitigation of potential schedule and financial risks.
- Provided monthly progress monitoring for the owner of a 110,000 square foot laboratory facility. Services included analysis of contractor’s monthly schedule updates to determine variances in the critical path, identification of potential areas of delay or disruption, and highlighting variances in logic and sequencing.
- Performed a risk assessment for high-rise and mid-rise residential projects across the northeast U.S. for a major developer. Services included a technical review of the baseline schedules to identify potential execution issues, areas for improvement, risks, and potential mitigation opportunities.
- Provided technical schedule advisory and project risk management services to a major airline to assist in the construction of a new $3.5 billion airport terminal in the New York City metropolitan area. Services included review and tracking of contract milestones, review and tracking of CPM schedules, development and assistance with project controls, and identification of and mitigation of potential schedule and financial risks.
- BS, Mechanical Engineering, Villanova University
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Project Management Institute
- Construction Institute
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance