Experts & Advisors
150 North Riverside Plaza, Suite 2400
Chicago, IL 60606
Erin Nelson is a Managing Director at Ankura based in Chicago. She has spent over 15 years in the healthcare industry with experience ranging from hands on patient care to executive level advisory for healthcare systems, public health departments, and provider practices. With a natural ability to connect the dots between client needs and the optimal solution, she offers actionable-solutions and delivers long-lasting results that position clients for success.
Erin has provided strategic, operational, real estate, and planning advisory to over 130 healthcare organizations across the country. Her advisory experience includes leading multi-campus master plans, greenfield site identification and programming, service rationalization, and strategy and business plan development.
Highlights from Erin’s professional experience include:
- Leading multi-workstream engagements that guide C-level executives through the feasibility and financial ramifications of billion-dollar capital planning projects across multi-hospital health systems.
- Developing strategic alternatives and recommendations for clients to improve provider retention, promote population health, and maximize ROI on large capital investments.
- Facilitating development of multi-year strategic plans to revitalize and empower the healthcare workforce, promote community collaboration, and establish growth targets and metrics.
- Conducting gap, capacity, and market analyses using predictive analytic tools to forecast space utilization, operational bottlenecks, and provider needs.
- Leading community health needs assessments focused on addressing health disparities and improving health equity.
- Master of Health Administration, Cornell University
- BS, Managerial Accounting, State University of New York at Oswego
- Real Estate Broker
- American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE)