Experts & Advisors
Mathew Hasty is a Senior Director at Ankura and has spent almost a decade leading a variety of projects and programs, helping organizations successfully accelerate change and incorporate new capabilities. Prior to Ankura, he worked in the private sector, extensively in the program management space in the technology arena with a focus on integration change management, IT innovation, customer experience, and process design.
Mat’s business experience prior to joining Ankura includes serving as the head of customer experience for a retail chain, program and change management in IT, operational leadership in hospitality, and financial management and analytics in manufacturing. He also brings unique experience as a former military officer, where he excelled in developing strategies for motivating teams to complete the mission and achieve success. Mat’s unique and diversified background has yielded success in leading teams across functions with a strong ability to communicate complex and diverse ideas in any industry.
Mat’s professional experience includes:
- Interim Head of Talent Acquisition, Private Education and Healthcare: Operated as the Director of TA reporting directly to the CHRO overseeing a team of four FTE and four contract recruiters. Responsible for all offer and requisition approval and corporate hiring needs. Oversaw day-to-day talent acquisition operations and staff including readouts, deliverables, and risk mitigation.
- Process Design and Optimization, Private Education and Healthcare: Facilitated design, testing, and implementation of HR business processes to better facilitate the talent acquisition process from need identification to candidate offer, producing a shortened TA process by approximately five days.
- Strategic Planning, Private Education and Healthcare: Facilitated a series of feedback and discovery sessions with HR and operational leaders to identify, evaluate, and prioritize a roadmap of initiatives. Managed portfolio of strategic initiatives, partnering closely with the CHRO to assign resources and overcome obstacles.
- Process Optimization and Acquisitions, Private Insurance: Developed an integration framework and playbook in Smartsheet to support the standardization and management of acquisition integrations. Implemented change management capabilities including structuring, drafting, and standardizing communications and trainings. Organized and tracked 14 acquisitions.
- Project Management, Online Media: Oversaw the planning and execution of a 500-person talent management initiative spanning four continents as part of an HR restructuring. Documented specific tasks, created timelines, assigned and tracked actions, and provided recommendations based on available information to move employees to a future state structure in compliance with local laws and regulations.
- Business Analyst, Online Media: Gathered, organized, and tracked multiple streams of data to inform senior leadership updates and strategic decision making. Created numerous recommendation plans based on data analysis including retention bonus, org leveling, position titles, pay and compensation, relocation, severance, and organizational structure.
- Reporting Analyst, Online Media: Created interim reporting dashboards for a large HR restructuring project that tracked budget spend, employee retention, hiring and recruiting, and other organizational health KPIs.
- Business Analyst, Retail and Call Center: Utilized SQL (Oracle 11.2) to query multiple databases and export pertinent information for analysis to identify potential organizational and process improvement initiatives related to frontline employee performance.
- Head of Customer Experience, Retail and Technology: Created the first of its kind internal customer experience (CX) program for brick-and-mortar locations. Identified, sourced, and implemented a three-pronged technology and auditing feedback loop for over four thousand employees in a 10-month period. Delivered under the $8 million launch budget with sustained costs less than $1 million annually.
- Head of Customer Experience, Retail: Led the strategic planning, resourcing, communicating, and executing of machine learning and artificial intelligent models to evaluate and predict customer sentiment. Collaborated to develop six models evaluating over one million chat and eight million voice interactions in a month; resulted in a more than 95 percent increase in customer interactions being reviewed and evaluated for training and quality purposes.
- Change Management, Technology: Oversaw the launch of new technology enabling multiskilled technician capabilities. Communicated, trained, and onboarded more than nine thousand employees to a new pay and Interactive Voice Response (IVR) system allowing technicians to support customers via web and phone simultaneously; resulted in an 18 percent increase in technician utilization and nine percent increase in technician pay.
- Change Management, Technology: Managed cross-functional partners to launch an in-house created Learning Management System (LMS). Communicated, trained, and tracked utilization of nine employees in an eight-month period saving the company over $800 thousand annually in vendor licensing fees.
- Change Management, Technology: Spearheaded the migration to a new vendor communication platform. Planned and executed the five-month migration effort to over 15 thousand employees saving $30 million in licensing, user account, and usage fees.
- Project Management, Retail and Technology: Launched an in-store technical support kiosk. Developed comprehensive pilot plan to establish kiosks in 150 client stores throughout the mid-west. Partnered with client and internal support teams to hire and train 500 employees. Delivered pilot under the $11 million launch budget, to include employee salaries, travel, kiosk construction, and deliver.
- Project Management, Military: Led the workstream for the organization transformation to a new operational platform. Managed cross functional military and civilian vendors to transport, issue, receive, operationalize, and turn-in over $400 million worth of equipment with less than 10 percent loss or defective items.
- Certificate, Healthcare IT, Belmont University, Center for Executive Education
- MBA, Seattle University, Albers School of Business & Economics
- BS, Finance, Indiana University, Kelley School of Business
- Effective Facilitator
- Certified Interviewer
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
- Lean Six-Sigma Green Belt (LSSGB)
- Certified Lean Fundamentals