55 Bishopsgate, 2nd Floor
London, England EC2N 3AS
+44.207.469.1111 Main Get in touch
Nick Edwards is a Senior Director in Ankura’s London office. He has over 15 years of experience and was previously part of the operational team of one of Europe’s leading private equity turnaround investors.
Nick specialises in company-side operational and financial turnaround and prior to joining private equity he worked for two of the leading global turnaround consultancy firms. He has worked on a range of assignments, in a number of industries, across five continents.
Nick’s projects include:
- Leading the finance workstream of SFC Solutions following its acquisition by private equity: creating a cash office and directing a cash management plan; driving a culture of cash/profit focus; creating the first budget/business plan for the investor’s board; monthly performance analysis; site consolidation analysis; insourcing/outsourcing reviews; hiring and managing debt advisors.
- Assisting the Chief Restructuring Officer of the Puerto Rico Electric Power Authority. Project managing a change in safety culture, preparing investment business cases for improvement programmes and performing ad hoc analysis for potential cost savings across the business.
- Assisting the European operations of Kodak while their U.S. parent was in Chapter 11. Key issues addressed included maintaining liquidity for the global treasury entity and resolution of a significant unfunded pension obligation in the UK.
- Assisting the Chief Restructuring Office of Stemcor, the world’s largest independent steel trader. Focusing on establishing cash requirements for the wind-down of non-core entities as well as creditor reporting.
- Company-side advisory for a listed national pawnbroking chain to produce an integrated business plan with scenario analysis enabling stakeholders to have increased confidence in forecasts and providing them with the ability to quickly see the impact of changing assumptions.
- Business plan review and development of a cash generation/preservation strategy for an Italian fashion brands wholesaler and retailer.
- Advising Senior Bondholders of the OSX3 FPSO to negotiate terms of a restructuring with the operating company, including amendments to the bareboat contract as part of the largest restructuring in Latin American history.
- Performing an Independent Business Review of a large retail group in Southern Africa to opine on management forecasts on behalf of the lenders to the group.
- Contingency planning and execution of the restructuring plan of the WIND Hellas group, the third largest telecoms provider in Greece, which involved a pre-packaged sale of the operating company.
- Gemini Rail Services: implementing a PMO for a second phase of improvement actions to further improve EBITDA prior to its sale by private equity; working with sell-side advisors on a disposal; monthly business performance reviews to the shareholder.
- Leading the disposal of a German subsidiary for a European logistics business. Managing the production of the five-year business plan; project managing the various work streams, group reporting and chairing stakeholder updates.
- Business case preparation for the post-merger integration of two European logistics businesses. Quantifying benefits and planning post completion actions to improve combined performance.
- Operational review of a breakfast cereal business with production facilities in the UK and U.S. In particular, reviewing product line performance through analysis of KPIs and undertaking a site review.