As Vice President of the National US-Arab Chamber of Commerce, Amin served as the primary liaison between the US and the 22 countries of Middle East North Africa (MENA) in advising high level officials in the public and private sectors on issues of trade, investment, security, and foreign affairs. In this capacity, he expanded MENA market share, improved overall cost savings, and promoted sustainable bilateral business relationships for US member companies by providing strategic guidance on global marketing, branding, communication, operations, and investor relations. Prior to this, Amin was appointed by the Maryland state governor to serve as Senior Economic and Policy Advisor for the Maryland Commission for Middle-Eastern American Affairs, where he established and led programs to strengthen commercial ties between the state of Maryland and the MENA region. Amin served as an International Legal Counsel for the Law Office of Sherman & Sterling, LLP where he advised clients on structuring business transactions with Sovereign Wealth Funds, conducted due diligence on legal disputes involving major oil and gas companies in the Middle East and Asia, and advised clients on major mergers and acquisitions. Amin has lived and worked abroad in Lebanon, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates and the United Kingdom.
Amin’s professional experience includes:
- Awarded the President of the United States “E” Star Award, which is the highest recognition that a US entity can receive for supporting export activity. This was the first time in the award’s 54-year history that it was awarded to a Chamber of Commerce dedicated to US-MENA relations.
- Advanced US economic goals through the US National Export Initiative, through which he cultivated extensive contacts with major industry officials to coordinate US defense and commercial sales with major aviation and infrastructure companies to include Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Schlumberger, and General Electric.
- Engaged by foreign sovereign wealth funds from the Gulf Cooperation Council Countries (GCC) as an external economic development expert in assisting and identifying new investment markets around the world, with focus on the Americas.
- Advised the Dubai Free Zone Council in developing a new strategic plan to transform the Emirates’ free zones, which are key drivers of 2021 Dubai Economic Development Plan, into international investment destinations. Represented the Council’s policy interests at the international level.
- Led trade and investment missions to over 25 countries in partnership with Departments of State and Commerce, accompanying senior officials and corporate executives, supporting US Government economic initiatives with a focus on Free Trade Agreement (FTA) countries.
- Advised investment agencies in two North African countries in the development of economic and investment strategies with focus on attracting foreign direct investment (FDI) and drafting new investment regulations.
- Engaged by major US defense companies to advise on new operational frameworks and best practices to boost their competitiveness and growth in the Middle East with focus on post-conflict countries.
- Engaged by foreign central and commercial banks to help them build partnership with major US companies with cyber security expertise and data center capabilities. Assisted with the development training programs and advanced technology sales.
- Managed multiple trade development initiatives including trade missions to the Middle East and North Africa in partnership with United States Trade Development Agency (USTDA). Advised US companies on commercial opportunities in advanced technology, healthcare, and energy.
- Represented prominent US aviation company in negotiating and closing $30 billion of commercial and defense aircraft sales to be executed and delivered over a five-year period.
- Devised US investment and expansion strategies regarding federal and state regulation compliance, open sky agreements, and business development planning for the state-owned airline carriers of the United Arab Emirates and the State of Qatar.
- Appointed by the Governor of the State of Maryland to serve on the State’s Commission on Middle Eastern American Affairs in which he worked with the Governor’s office and the Maryland Department of Business and Economic Development to strengthen commercial and economic ties between the state of Maryland and the MENA region
- Served as lead advisor on the ‘Maryland One’ Program, which assisted Maryland stakeholders in developing foreign direct investment partnerships with MENA countries in technology, defense, and healthcare sectors, resulting in revenue boosts for the State of Maryland and its industry participants and players.