Brandon joined Ankura in 2018 as part of the firm’s acquisition of c3/consulting, where his most recent engagement was serving as the chief of staff for a joint venture funded by two global manufacturers. Prior to c3, Brandon served in a variety of leadership roles, including over 15 years with Southwest Airlines, during which time he received the airline’s prestigious President’s Award.
Brandon’s professional experience includes:
- Chief of Staff, National Distribution Company: Led human resources to establish recruiting, benefits, business system design and implementation, and on-boarding of the more than 1,000 new and transferred employees. Brandon’s responsibilities included organization design, resource planning, policy and procedures for corporate headquarters. Additionally, Brandon assisted with the hiring and on-boarding of key executives. Designed and executed the broader business needs/demand planning process and annual operating plan (AOP) strategy.
- Integration Management Office, Global Merger: Established the office for the combined entities in a transaction valued at $2.8 billion. Brandon facilitated multiple strategic visioning and planning sessions, and guided global cross-functional work streams throughout the integration, resulting in $40 million in annual savings.
- Separation Management Office, Divestiture: Created the separation management office for the divestiture of a business unit of global manufacturer. Direct oversight for nine workstreams as well as oversight for the quality of earnings (QoE), management presentations (MP), and investment banking operational relationship. Conducted transition service agreements (TSA) workshops to identify business functions and systems that would be required to be continued for a transitional period after the merger, as well as negotiated timing and pricing of these services with the acquirer.
- Bundled Payment Care Improvement Program, Healthcare Client: Implemented a $2.7 billion Medicare initiative, deployed proprietary data and technology that resulted in higher quality healthcare outcome with direct emphasis on financial and performance accountability. Brandon oversaw technology, project management, human capital, legal, finance, compliance, and operations.
- Security Remediation, Global Client: Co-authored the charter document for a multi-million-dollar program. Brandon conducted multiple requirements and strategic visioning sessions, resulting in the creation of 20 project initiatives. He also established key performance indicators and governance report standards for ongoing program management.
- Supply Chain Integration, US Airline: Managed the combination for two major carriers that produced annual synergies of over $50 million.
- ERP Implementations, Multiple Clients: Led and oversaw cross-functional work streams responsible for delivering defined project outputs against time, budget, and project quality criteria. Brandon managed all project phases, from planning and process design to execution and monitoring, and chaired regular progress meetings with executive teams.
- Process Optimizations, US Airline: Supported the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulatory requirements on the acquisition of aircraft maintenance parts and service costing more than $200 million annually. Brandon also designed a cost-tracking and reporting solution for airport expansion for spending in excess of $500 million.