Prior to joining Ankura, Chris was a vice president in the corporate restructuring group at Deloitte.
Chris’s notable restructuring experience includes the following:
- Currently advising the senior leadership team and board of directors of a not-for-profit community health system through a challenging M&A process by assisting management with financial forecasting, M&A due diligence, working capital management, performance improvement tracking, and lender communications, with the ultimate goal of maintaining high-quality healthcare in the community.
- Served as the VP of finance and restructuring advisor to a $400 million skilled nursing facility operator with operations in seven states. Assisted the company in a number of initiatives surrounding the treasury, vendor management, accounting, and financial-planning functions, while pursuing an out-of-court restructuring.
- Served as the controller and restructuring advisor to a hospital operator with three facilities in the Southwest. Assisted management with cash forecasting, cash management and reporting, vendor negotiations, and communications and diligence efforts for various external stakeholders.
- Served as project manager in support of the chief restructuring officer of a highly distressed, 54-bed, physician-owned surgical hospital, prior to and during its Chapter 11 restructuring; focused on DIP budget preparation, cash reporting, financial modeling, M&A transaction support, lender, and UCC advisor negotiations and communications.
- Served as financial advisor to a distressed oil field services provider. Supported the interim CFO in a wide array of financial and strategic analyses including the development of a 13-week cash forecast, in-court versus out-of-court strategic alternatives, business plan review, and fixed asset diligence.
- Led the restructuring team in support of the CRO of a $50 million publicly held oil and gas exploration and production company through a distressed §363 sale process by advising on cash management, M&A diligence, liquidation and recovery analysis, and lender negotiations and communications. Energy & Services Restructuring of the Year: 2016 Turnaround Atlas Award winner.
- Supported the CRO of a publicly held $500 million retailer through a sales process and subsequent liquidation by overseeing the store closings, advising on cash management/reporting initiatives, and negotiating with the buyers/liquidators.
- Advised a $500 million retailer through a distressed sale to an international private equity consortium by assisting with M&A diligence, cash management, financial modeling, bankruptcy administration, and lender/bondholder negotiation support.
- Served as restructuring advisor to a continuing care retirement facility prior to and during its Chapter 11 restructuring, to assist and advise management of the debtor with its bondholder negotiations, financial forecasting, DIP financing negotiations, liquidity management, claims management, and other bankruptcy administrative reporting.
- Advised a $150 million international mobile marketing technology company through its UK/US/India private equity transaction by providing cash flow/liquidity management, financial projections, M&A diligence and support, and working capital considerations across 20 countries and five business segments. Restructuring Deal of the Year (under $1 billion): M&A Advisor.
Chris’s notable forensic and litigation support experience includes:
- Forensic Investigation: Advised the senior secured lenders of a Puerto Rico-based hospital operator on a forensic accounting investigation into alleged transactions in violation of the credit agreement. Prepared a transactional database used to identify transactions of interest, reviewed intercompany accounts for potential related-party loans, sampled various GL accounts to identify transactions of interest, and assisted in reporting all findings and recommendations to the lender group.
- Forensic Investigation: Assisted the SEC in an alleged Ponzi scheme investigation; managed a US-India team tasked with building a transactional database of bank records, created custom SQL queries to identify high-risk transactions, meticulously diagrammed the funds flow for presentation to the court, and assisted in drafting the expert witness report.
- Anti-Money Laundering: Led a team of five in an anti-money laundering engagement remediating high-risk customer accounts; co-led a process re-engineering initiative that resulted in a 40 percent reduction in average case completion time.