Chris’ professional experience includes:
His experience as an expert witness is extensive, including giving oral and written evidence, conducting detailed analysis of claims and forensic examination of client records, drafting expert reports, attending experts’ meetings and drafting joint statements, advising on quantum issues during settlement negotiations, attending hearings in support of quantum experts, and attending mediation in support of clients.
Acting as the Expert Witness in Disputes in Litigation and Adjudication
- Chris acted as the quantum expert and provided oral evidence in a dispute alleging defects to the conversion of a historic property to student accommodation. In addition to the cost of rectification of defects the dispute involved loss of rent and additional costs incurred relocating students.
- Chris acted as the quantum expert on behalf of the owner in a dispute over work carried out to rectify defects to roofing and cladding of a multi-storey office refurbishment.
- Conversion of a warehouse facility in the Netherlands to a new data center. The facility was mothballed on completion, however, the chilled water system was not adequately treated and suffered from corrosion. Chris was appointed as the quantum expert on behalf of the claimant.
- Chris was engaged as the quantum expert in an adjudication regarding a small business estate in the UK arising out of defects to the car park drainage that required a large part of the drainage to be replaced along with much of the car park surfacing.
- A private residential property project suffered from design issues and associated delays and cost over-runs. Chris was engaged as the quantum expert on behalf of the defendant.
Assisting the Expert Witness in Litigation and Adjudication
- A contractor was engaged to construct a new port facility in Jordan. The project suffered delays and a dispute has arisen between the owner and the consortium regarding responsibility for the delay and disputed additional works. Chris carried out and managed the quantum analysis on behalf of the consortium.
- A 1,600MW new build nuclear power plant in Finland: The project suffered delays and a dispute arose between the owner and the consortium regarding responsibility for the delay and cost overruns. Chris carried out quantum analysis on behalf of one of the consortium parties
- An LNG unloading and degasification facility: The project suffered delay and disruption and a dispute arose between the owner and the consortium. Chris carried out and managed the quantum analysis on behalf of the consortium.
- An LNG pipeline in Australia: Chris carried out and managed the quantum analysis on behalf of the consortium.
- A major hydroelectric power scheme in South East Asia: Chris prepared a report examining whether lead consortium members properly discharged their duties towards the other members of the consortium.
- A major crude oil pipeline: Chris carried out quantum analysis on behalf of national oil company.
- A hydroelectric powers scheme and associated dams and tunnels in the Andes: Chris carried out quantum analysis on behalf of the consortium in a UNCITRAL arbitration with a national power generation corporation.
- A dispute arose between the owners, M&E, consultants, and sub-contractors over corrosion to pipework in a HVAC system in office units in a business park, Chris carried out quantum analysis of options for remedial works and knock on costs behalf of one of the defendants.
- Chris carried out quantum analysis for defendant in Ove Arup v. Mirant Asia-Pacific Construction Ltd.
- On a dispute associated with substantial remedial works to the track works of the Docklands Light Railway, Chris carried out quantum analysis on behalf of the insurers of the consultant engineer.
- Chris has carried out quantum analysis on several disputes rail/underground projects: Various claims relating to additional costs, delay and disruption, arising under PPP contract with overall claim values from £190 million to £240 million.
- Ceiling collapses in the cinema portion of a mixed retail and leisure development in Scotland led to a dispute between parties. Chris carried out quantum analysis of the remedial works and the loss of rent and revenue on behalf of the developer.