Chris’ more than 25 years of industry experience includes service as the leader of design and construction operations at a US government agency, construction claims executive for an ENR-Top 10 constructor, professor/faculty member at three major American universities, special advisor to multiple federal agencies including the US Department of Defense, US Department of State, US Department of Energy, and US General Services Administration. The US Court of Federal Claims recognizes Chris as a subject matter expert in the disciplines of construction management, cost, and schedule. His portfolio includes international projects and expert reports and testimony.
Chris’ professional experience includes:
- Large Casino & Entertainment Development (Confidential): executive/advisor to ENR-Top 10 construction on the construction of $1.5-billion (USD) casino in the United States. Duties included project status assessments with a focus on cost, schedule, and the identification/preparation of change order requests and claims.
- Nuclear Waste Treatment Plant, Hanford, Washington, USA: Served as subject matter expert for risk, cost, and schedule. Led multiple independent project status Assessments on this more than $15-billion (USD) nuclear waste vitrification plant on behalf of the US Department of Energy Leadership.
- Central Artery Tunnel, Boston, Massachusetts, USA: Evaluated scope changes, cost, schedule and lost productivity issues and prepared more than $100 million USD in claims on behalf of a principal “Big Dig” prime contractor.
- Enron Penuelas Power Plant, Ponce, Puerto Rico: Evaluated cost, schedule and lost productivity issues and prepared claims related to design standard-of-care on behalf of prime contractor on this combined cycle power plant and LNG storage facility.
- Dubai Mall, United Arab Emirates: Served as construction claims advisor to a principal constructor on Dubai Mall, United Arab Emirates. Provided project status assessment. Led efforts to measure project cost/schedule performance and prepare potential contractor claims on this 4-billion+ (UAD) / $1-billion+ (USD) / 1-million square meter project.
- Regak Bridge, Uruzghan Province, Afghanistan: Served as construction claims advisor to Native Afghanistan constructor. Conducted independent project status assessment. Responsible for forensic delay analysis and preparation of contractor requests for equitable adjustment on a project in a remote and unstable location requiring significant security measures, challenging logistics and non-payment.
- Boeing/Airbus SATCOM Software Development Program: Served as forensic schedule consultant to IT contractor/supplier responsible for development of satellite communication software for multiple Boeing and Airbus commercial aircraft.
- US Federal Agency Design & Construction Program: Served as agency chief of design and construction at the US National Institutes of Health (NIH), US Department of Health & Human Services. NIH’s program includes some of the most sensitive, complex and secure bio-medical projects in the construction industry. Portfolio included BSL rated research laboratories, PET-CGMP pharma functions, a four million square foot Joint Commission accredited clinical center/hospital, vivaria for two-million animals and mammals and a myriad of support facilities, off-campus leased facilities, utilities, roads, and infrastructure.
- US Courthouse and Federal Building, Islip, New York, USA: Served as US government’s project director on the largest construction claim in the history of the US General Services Administration. Coordinated the work of more than 10 testifying experts (cost, schedule, building enclosure, mechanical/electrical/plumbing/fire protection), led document discovery efforts and supported US government counsel in all aspects of litigation support.
- Baruch College, City University of New York, USA: Served as construction claims consultant to the State of New York. Responsible for the evaluation of construction manager agent standard of care, constructor claims for additional compensation due to changes, delays and lost productivity under a multi-prime delivery method.
- Military Family Housing, Naval Air Station Whidbey Island, Washington, USA: Served as subject matter expert for surety following the government’s overpayment and termination of constructor. Testified before the US Court of Federal Claims in the areas of construction management, cost, and schedule.
- Bancroft Hall Renovation, United States Naval Academy, Annapolis, Maryland, USA: Served as lead government representative and contracting officer on the largest facility repair project in US Navy history.
- Naval Hospital Camp Lejeune, Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune, North Carolina, USA: Served as Head of Facilities Management at this 300-bed military medical treatment facility. Responsible for all aspects of operation, maintenance, repair and construction.