Cindy joined Ankura in 2018 with the firm’s acquisition of c3/consulting, where she focused on healthcare technology. She has led a wide variety of projects, from sizeable IT implementations and large-scale organizational moves to complex business analyses and strategic marketing initiatives. Early in her career, she was the vice president of technology at a hospital development company, and later held the position of chief information officer at several hospitals and medical centers. Her background in strategic planning and IT enables her to translate strategic goals and objectives into technical requirements and actionable project plans.
Cindy’s professional experience includes:
- Physician Services Billing Compliance, Multi-Entity, For-Profit Health System: Managed all aspects of the project, including facilitation and documentation of status meetings, holding issue owners accountable for each tracked compliance issue, and delivering bi-weekly executive summaries.
- Project Leader, Multi-Entity, Nonprofit Health System: Led the implementation of finance, human resources, and supply chain applications on a centralized platform. These efforts included standardizing processes and consolidating them at a national service center and communicating progress to the client’s executive leadership.
- Project Leader, Multi-Entity, Nonprofit Health System: Managed the migration of clinical, financial, and desktop applications from an existing 286-bed hospital to a newly constructed replacement facility. Cindy oversaw the implementation of new applications and coordinated the corporate legal review of software application contracts.
- Implementation Director, Multi-Entity For-Profit Health System: Managed all hospital information systems projects. These efforts included the development of corporate standards, the establishment of a vendor supported data center, supervising project teams and vendor personnel, and providing status reports to executives.
- ICD-10 Program Manager, Multi-Entity Nonprofit Health System: Guided the overall transition to the new medical coding regulations, a project that encompassed coordinating revenue cycle, finance, payer relations, coding, and clinical operations activities, physician/clinician engagement, technology, education, communications, and change management to implement ICD-10 regulations.
- Project Management Office (PMO) Leader, Nonprofit Healthcare Provider: Established a hospital-wide office, following PMP methodology to develop guidelines, policies and procedures, tools and training materials, and a recommended PMO organization chart. Trained and mentored project managers and analyst to effectively manage projects following PMI methodology. Provided health system executive team with strategic, tactical, and operations guidance around the operation of the PMO and prioritization of projects.
- Strategic Planning Design and Execution, Healthcare Professional Services Company: Performed IT assessments in addition to developing action and strategic plans for improvement and meeting the hospital’s three-to-five-year goals. Cindy also managed the process for selecting an integrated solution, from developing the facility’s requirements based upon interviews, to evaluating vendor proposals and presentations.