Danny joined Ankura with its 2018 acquisition of c3/consulting, where he led process optimization, technology, and compliance engagements with healthcare clients. Prior to joining c3, Danny was a corporate finance leader at large global corporations in the paper/packaging and automotive industries. Over his career, he has served in roles in financial shared services, financial service outsourcing, auditing, manufacturing finance and controls, sales and marketing finance, product profitability, and financial planning and analysis consolidation.
Danny’s professional experience includes:
- Strategic Growth, Global Insurance Provider: Worked across and among the 10 major functions of an organization, leading the development of a strategic expansion decision-making and execution tool that gave executive leadership a comprehensive view of the impact of their different growth options.
- IT Planning and Business Integration, Global Insurance Provider: Served as the business relationship manager for a client facing significant state and federal regulatory issues and sanctions. Danny managed the interactions between the IT department and the numerous business stakeholders through a complete restructuring of the company’s operating model and compliance program. This involved process definition and mapping, issue prioritization and resource allocation, and deep analysis of root causes and solutions.
- Process Optimization and System Development, Global Insurance Provider: Under specific federal compliance requirements and a tight timeline, led a process redesign effort within the company’s claims payment configuration area. By implementing robust process analytics, management reporting, intake management, and a new workflow system, the client was able to complete a significant backlog of change requests and improve efficiency throughout the process.
- Operational Analysis and Redesign, Risk Management Firm: Led an operational model redesign effort for a high-volume call center involving resource reallocation, revised customer service strategy implementation, scorecard metric development, and an overall technology review, including the creation of a future investment roadmap.
- Financial Planning and Analysis, Global Automotive Manufacturer: Consolidated the $17 billion finances of four large-scale North America manufacturing facilities. Danny managed the allocation of all manufacturing costs to product-line level and reported profit analytics by model to North America and Japan executives. He also supported marketing, pricing, and mix management with a short-term tactical vehicle profitability analysis and led all budgeting, forecasting, and analysis of vehicle gross profit, marginal profit, and incentives.
- Sales and Marketing Finance, Global Automotive Manufacturer: Managed the development of 650,000 data-point budget of gross profit by product. Danny focused on real-time analytics of profitability by product, including volume, pricing, sales mix, and incentives.
- Manufacturing Finance, Global Automotive Manufacturer: Managed the accounting, reporting, and analytics of $800 million in labor and overhead costs. He also oversaw the general ledger accounting and month-end close process of a $40 million manufacturing facility.
- Financial Audit, Global Paper, and Packaging Manufacturer: Performed full-scope, on-site financial and operational audits of manufacturing facilities. Danny completed comprehensive horizontal audits of business groups and corporate staff groups and developed holistic internal control structures specific to financial operations, Sarbanes-Oxley, and other regulatory requirements.