Dennis has advised debtors and creditors in both formal Chapter 11 proceedings and out-of-court workout situations. He has assisted clients with financial restructurings, debt for equity swaps, 363-asset sales, strategic planning, and business valuations.
Prior to joining Ankura, Dennis was a senior director in the corporate finance & restructuring practice at FTI Consulting. He advised clients in a variety of industries including air cargo, restaurant, specialty chemical, telecommunications, consumer products, retail, and renewable energy. In this capacity, Dennis’ responsibilities included preparing and reviewing business plans, cash flow forecasts and three-statement models, liquidation analyses, debtor-in-possession financing arrangements, contract assumption/rejection analyses, restructuring plans, plans of reorganization, and evaluations of strategic alternatives.
Dennis’ professional experience includes:
- SunEdison, Inc.: Currently interim assistant controller focusing on cash repatriation and legal entity wind-down efforts.
- Repatriation efforts include the planning and implementation of repatriating cash in excess of $100 million from more than 20 countries throughout the world, adhering to local exchange control/central bank rules.
- Legal entity wind-down entails the planning and implementation of winding-down over 1,000 entities in 36 countries throughout the world with the goal of maximizing cash repatriated to the US while minimizing D&O liability.
- Things Remembered, Inc.: Advised the company on its out of court restructuring and store portfolio optimization strategy.
- The Great Atlantic & Pacific Tea Company: Advised the Company on its Chapter 11 bankruptcy, including DIP credit agreement negotiations, liquidity forecasting, collateral liquidation, liquidation analysis, etc.
- Cache, Inc.: Advised the company on its Chapter 11 bankruptcy, including cash management, DIP credit agreement negotiations, liquidity forecasting, and strategic alternatives.
- Specialty Products Holdings Corporation (SPHS a subsidiary of RPM International): Advisor to the Futures Claimants Representative in the SPHS Chapter 11 cases. Successfully negotiated an $800 million settlement for handling asbestos-related personal injury claims.
- The Fox & Hound Restaurant Group: Advised the senior secured lenders in the Chapter 11 cases. Analyzed the debtors’ weekly liquidity forecast and business plan, reviewed the restaurant portfolio, and analyzed bids for the debtors’ assets. Successfully completed a sale of the debtors’ assets via a 363-asset sale resulting in full recovery to the client.
- Southern Air Holdings, Inc.: Advised the secured lenders in the Chapter 11 cases.