Dennis has advised debtors and creditors in both formal Chapter 11 proceedings and out-of-court workout situations. He has assisted clients with financial restructurings, debt for equity swaps, 363-asset sales, strategic planning, and business valuations.
Prior to joining Ankura, Dennis was a senior director in the corporate finance & restructuring practice at FTI Consulting. He advised clients in a variety of industries including air cargo, restaurant, specialty chemical, telecommunications, consumer products, retail, and renewable energy. In this capacity, Dennis’ responsibilities included preparing and reviewing business plans, cash flow forecasts and three-statement models, liquidation analyses, debtor-in-possession financing arrangements, contract assumption/rejection analyses, restructuring plans, plans of reorganization, and evaluations of strategic alternatives.
Dennis’ professional experience includes:
- Currently serve as Financial Advisor to the Puerto Rico Fiscal Agency and Financial Advisory Authority (AAFAF):
- Assist in the development of Fiscal Plans and budgets;
- Assist in debt restructuring strategies including the following issuers: Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Highway & Transportation Authority, Employees Retirement System, Convention Center District Authority, Infrastructure Financing Authority, Public Buildings Authority, Puerto Rico Electric Power Authority.
- Served as Interim Assistant Controller of SunEdison, Inc. focusing on cash repatriation and legal entity wind-down efforts.
- Served as Financial Advisor to Things Remembered, Inc. in its out of court restructuring and store portfolio optimization strategy.
- Served as Financial Advisor to The Great Atlantic & Pacific Tea Company in its Chapter 11 bankruptcy, including DIP credit agreement negotiations, liquidity forecasting, collateral liquidation, liquidation analysis, etc.
- Served as Financial Advisor to Cache, Inc. in its Chapter 11 bankruptcy, including cash management, DIP credit agreement negotiations, liquidity forecasting, and strategic alternatives.
- Served as Financial Advisor to the Future Claimants Representative in Specialty Products Holdings Corporation (SPHS a subsidiary of RPM International) Chapter 11 cases.
- Served as the Financial Advisor to the senior secured lenders of The Fox & Hound Restaurant Group (“F&H”) in the Chapter 11 cases of F&H.
- Served as the Financial Advisor to the secured lenders of Southern Air Holdings, Inc. (“Southern Air”) in the Chapter 11 cases of Southern Air.