Dustin Bernstein is a Senior Director at Ankura with over 10 years of experience in accounting, M&A, debt advisory and restructuring. He is based in Nashville.
Dustin’s professional experience includes:
- Financial advisor and Chapter 11 preparation for by CHLOE, an all-vegan restaurant chain during a Subchapter V process. Our role included cash flow management and operational oversight.
- Financial advisor and investment banker in a Wisconsin Chapter 128 Receivership for a $50 million cottonseed distributor.
- Interim CFO for a $60 million distressed metal scrap yard during a restructuring, strategic sale, FBI-led fraud investigation, and a Wisconsin Chapter 128 Receivership, where he saved over 100 jobs.
- Conducted a debt and equity raise for a $35 million aftermarket aviation parts distributor.
- Forecasted 13-week cash flows, DIP budget, and led bank forbearance negotiations for a $250 million sporting goods manufacturer through a Chapter 11 bankruptcy (363 auction process).
- Created a business validation report for a $115 million sugar processor and distributor.
- Modeled yearly forecasts and coordinated a private capital raise of $704,000 for a $50 million railroad crosstie manufacturer.
- Coordinated liquidation and various business sales for a $25 million sports licensor.
- Performed debt advisory and cash flow advisory services for a $30 million knitted pile fabric manufacturer.
- Additional analyses performed includes budget vs. actual, liquidation analyses, M&A due diligence, financial statement analysis & modeling, sales & profit analysis, SKU rationalization, and debt reorganization.