Dwight Claustre is a Managing Director at Ankura with more than 38 years of experience in the healthcare industry. Dwight has worked in the areas of risk management and administration and for the last 21 years focused on compliance where he filled interim compliance positions, conducted investigations, and performed effectiveness reviews, and risk assessments. He is based in Phoenix.
Dwight’s professional experience includes the following:
- Served as the interim chief compliance and privacy officer for an academic medical center; a school of medicine; a children’s hospital; and colleges of public health, nursing, and pharmacy.
- Performed a project investigation as well as served as the interim hospital compliance officer, interim research compliance officer, and interim physician practice compliance officer for a large healthcare system.
- Worked for a 42-hospital system for 20 years before retirement, filling various roles including director of Risk Management, senior director of support services, and senior director of compliance.
- He has the following certifications: Fellow Certified in Healthcare Compliance (CHC-F), Certified in Healthcare Research Compliance (CHRC), and Certified in Healthcare Privacy Compliance (CHPC).
- News & events
- Healthcare Compliance Association Research Compliance Conference, 6/3-6/2018, “The IRB and Research Compliance: A Crucial Partnership,” Austin, TX
- Healthcare Compliance Association San Juan Regional Conference, 5/17/2018, Panel: “Enforcement and Compliance: Strategies for General Counsel and Compliance Professionals,” San Juan, Puerto Rico
- HCCA Hawaii Regional Conference, 10/12-13/2017, “Design & Implement an Effective Compliance Program”, “Compliance 101”, “Compliance Hot Topics Panel”, Honolulu, HI, with Debbie Troklus
- HCCA Indianapolis Regional Conference, 09/29/2017, “Corrective Actions: When it all goes wrong-Getting to correctness,” Indianapolis. IN
- HCCA Research Conference, 06/07/2017, “Research Compliance Programs: Always a Work in Progress, Baltimore, MD, with Karen Mottola
- MAGI Research Conference, 05/22/2017, “Designing & Implementing an Effective Research Compliance Program,” Philadelphia, PA
- HCCA Puerto Rico Regional Conference, 05/18-19/2017, Compliance Round Table (Marti Arvin), Growing a Risk Intelligent Organization: A New Framework for Risk Assessments, Compliance Program Effectiveness, Conducting Effective Internal Investigation in Healthcare, San Juan, PR
- HCCA Compliance Institute, 03/26/2017, Strategies to Build an Effective Compliance Program (Deann Baker), National Harbor, MD
- HCCA Portland Regional Conference, 02/10/2017, “Compliance Investigations: Beyond the Basics,” Portland, OR
- HCCA Hawaii Regional Conference, 10/14/2016, “Stark… Mitigating the Battle Scars,” Honolulu, HI
- Research Compliance Conference, 06/08/2016, “A Research Compliance Program: Build it to Comply!” Baltimore, MD, with Karen Mottola
- HCCA Compliance Institute, 04/19/2017, “Compliance Strategies for Effectiveness,” Las Vegas, NV with Deann Baker
- HCCA Basic Academy Faculty, 17 times in each of 2017, 2016 & 2015 various locations in the United States, Organization Ethics
- HCCA Basic Research Academy Faculty, twice in each of 2017, 2016, 2015 various locations in the United States, “Operationalizing Research Compliance & What is the Risk…Risk Assessments”