Helen’s accomplishments include launching and co-leading a dedicated healthcare practice. Prior to Ankura, she was the chief information officer of a web-based provider of healthcare services, the CIO of a healthcare solutions organization, and a VP/General Manager leading development of web-based customer and supplier systems, among other corporate leadership roles. Helen began her career at IBM, with positions in systems engineering, sales, and management.
Helen’s professional experience includes:
- Customer Experience/Digital Transformation, Health Plan: Led team driving new customer journey model organization-wide adoption in nine months. Established new accountability and operating model, accelerating benefits realization and reducing implementation risks. Engaged leaders to collaborate across executive leadership, operations, and data & technology.
- Acquisition Integration, Healthcare Services: Guided team to successful integration of acquired company. Developed and executed plans to integrate all functional areas. Executed integration on time and on budget, while enabling acquired company to acclerate new client
- Merger Integration, Private Equity Backed Health System: Led team combining two health systems, focusing on executive decision-making processes, defining new roles and responsibilities, and cross-organizational planning and execution. Led implementation of 100-day plan and medium-term implementation phase, meeting synergy targets and completing the integration ahead of schedule.
- Merger Organization Re-Design, Health System: Led re-design of all shared services and corporate functions, focused on improved costs and efficiencies. Led planning and design work to prioritize services within each functional area, as well as cross-functional services. Met cost reduction objectives while enabling stronger focus and prioritization of functional services.
- Acquisition Integration, Private Equity Backed Healthcare Services: Managed the evaluation of post-acute operations. Recommended shared services platform approach to enable improved efficiency and scalability for continued acquisitions.
- Strategy Sessions, Private Equity Backed Health Systems (Multiple Clients): Facilitated intensive working sessions with senior executives and boards of directors on organization-wide issues like merger integration and growth strategy as well as department-level initiatives for HR, IT, and operations, among others.
- Product Development, Private Equity Backed Healthcare Services: Led team developing and implementing new product management framework. Completed organizational design review and recommended new structure and operational approach. Drove program and change management execution for development of new client and patient-facing solutions.
- IT Assessment and IT Org design, Health System: Guided a team to assess IT organization to reduce operating expenses, prioritize initiatives based on strategic objectives and ROI and restructure the team to be more effective. Delivered recommendations to quickly adapt and reach these goals.
- Strategic Planning and Execution, Private Equity Backed Outpatient Treatment Centers: Led team developing an 18-month plan to address fast-growing patient demand for outpatient services. Covering all functions, the program involved creating operational playbooks and dashboard-driven metrics, and providing change-management guidance throughout the roll-out. The results included doubling the number of center openings and new payer contracts, and a 50% increase in the annualized revenue run-rate.
- Strategic Planning and Execution, Private Equity Backed Technology Services Company: Led prioritization of strategies for accelerated top-line growth and created the operating model and detailed plans to meet those goals. Developed guides that clearly defined process, roles, and responsibilities for each functional area. Focused on solutions that delivered quick results, increased margins, improved both supplier and customer engagement, and positioned operations for scalability.
- Merger HR Shared Services Implementation, Private Equity Backed Health Services: Led team to design and implement HR Shared Services for talent acquisition, total rewards and operations & analytics. Resulted in improved performance metrics, analytics and employee satisfaction.
- IT Leadership, Healthcare Software and Services Solutions Company: Restructured the entire team during a crucial transition period, making major changes in processes and technologies and adding new services. The efforts fostered robust revenue growth while improving both profitability and client satisfaction.
- IT Reorganization, Web-based Healthcare Services Provider: Managed a team through significant structural and operational changes that focused on improving processes, workflow, and technologies that supported client needs. The new scheduling, billing, and workflow software systems increased revenue from both new and existing clients.
- Digital Transformation, Publishing Distribution Company: Initiated and led the shift into web-based customer and supplier systems, incorporating a new, industry-wide, content database. Transformed interactions with customers and suppliers.