Helen joined Ankura with the firm’s 2018 acquisition of c3/Consulting, where her accomplishments included launching and co-leading a dedicated healthcare practice. Prior to c3, she was the chief information officer of a web-based provider of healthcare services and the CIO of a healthcare solutions corporation, among other corporate leadership roles. Helen began her career at IBM, with positions in systems engineering, sales, and management.
Helen’s professional experience includes:
- Strategic Planning and Execution, Clinical Network: Led team developing an 18-month plan to address fast-growing patient demand for outpatient services. Covering all functions, the program involved creating operational playbooks and dashboard-driven metrics, and providing change-management guidance throughout the roll-out. The client doubled the number of clinics in less than a year and was positioned for a 100 percent increase in the annualized revenue run-rate.
- Strategic Planning and Execution, Technology Services Company: Helped leadership prioritize strategies for accelerated top-line growth and create the operating model and detailed plans to meet those goals. The project included a series of guides that clearly defined process, roles, and responsibilities for each functional area. Initially focused on solutions that delivered quick results, these efforts increased margins, improved both supplier and customer engagement, and positioned operations for scalability.
- Merger Integration, Health System: Led team responsible for combining two health systems, focusing on executive decision-making processes, defining new roles and responsibilities, and cross-organizational planning. Helen oversaw the team’s implementation of the 100-day plan and the medium-term phase, completing the integration ahead of schedule.
- Strategy Sessions, Private Equity-Backed Health Systems (Multiple Clients): Facilitated intensive working sessions with senior executives and boards of directors on organization-wide issues like merger integration and growth strategy as well as department-level initiatives for HR, IT, and operations, among others.
- Process Improvements, Healthcare Services Company: Guided efforts to increase revenue via operating efficiencies and scalability. Project involved aligning staff on clinical operating standards, improving measurable productivity by 15 percent; optimizing reporting; and managing provider coordination and clinical onboarding.
- IT Reorganization, Healthcare Software and Services Solutions Company: As CIO, restructured the entire team during a crucial transition period, making major changes in processes and technologies and adding new services. The efforts fostered robust revenue growth while improving both profitability and client satisfaction.
- IT Reorganization, Web-based Healthcare Services Provider: As CIO, managed the team through significant structural and operational changes that focused on improving processes, workflow, and technologies that supported client needs. The new scheduling, billing, and workflow software systems generated higher revenue as more labs and centers signed on for upgraded services.
- Post-Acquisition Planning, Population Healthcare Company: Developed growth strategies and defined product offerings for the merged entity. Helen also led key aspects of the integration during the first 100 days.
- Knowledge Database Launch, Health System: Oversaw the design of a clinician-friendly system that consolidated the latest in the medical research and guidance. Helen worked with every level of leadership to secure their support of the goals, design, and alignment on new processes and technologies.
- Revenue-Cycle Management, Health System: Provided interim leadership as the group was growing rapidly via new patients and acquisitions. Helen oversaw the team as it restructured and upgraded all revenue-cycle systems, improving throughput, cash flow management, and overall efficiencies.
- Electronic Medical Record Design, Multiple Healthcare Clients: Led teams to improve clinical and operational workflows for physician practices and hospitals. These efforts included research, definition of criteria and measurements, designing custom software solutions, creating evidence-based order sets, and meeting requirements for government stimulus funding.
- Clinical Project Management, Healthcare Company: Established and ran an office dedicated to improving quality of care, patient safety and satisfaction, and medical outcomes for a 180+ hospital network. Facilitated the development of methodology and processes for tracking progress, and results.
- Strategic and Operational Planning, State-Sponsored Health Data Exchange: Led work groups tasked with creating a statewide healthcare-information exchange. Helen built consensus among stakeholders with diverse interests, including government officials, insurers, and clinicians.
- Digital Transition, Publishing Distribution Company: As a senior executive, initiated and led the shift into web-based client support, incorporating a new, industry-wide, content database.