Jennifer has a background in healthcare, engineering, manufacturing, and business operations. She has a unique ability to analyze current performance and processes and to collaboratively design and implement custom solutions across a variety of industries and business functions. Prior to Ankura, Jennifer managed business and clinical operations and projects for a large healthcare system, empowered leaders through coaching and leadership development, led successful lean initiatives in a high-reliability manufacturing facility, and implemented revenue cycle solutions for healthcare clients. Jennifer’s expertise combined with her relational approach and passion for delivering results are essential to organizations seeking transformational change.
Jennifer’s professional experience includes:
- New Product Development and Account Planning, Global Financial Services Company: Accelerated improvements in the go-to-market strategy and account planning processes for a new strategic product; collaboratively developed and implemented tools and processes to facilitate the critical incorporation of customer feedback into the new product development cycle.
- Divestiture and Program Management, Global Tire Manufacturer: Accelerated a cross-functional carve-out of an underperforming division that was combined in a joint venture with a similar division from the parent company’s top competitor; led the design and execution of multi-functional carve-out workstream plans to transition employees and services, mitigate risks, and close on schedule.
- Transformational Change, Health System: Implemented culture change and improved operational processes in a 16-room operating room department through leadership development, strategic planning, leader and staff change management and communication, daily operations management, and staff accountability; established a collaborative operational/clinical partnership among physicians, anesthesia providers, clinical leaders, and staff.
- IT Program Management, Global Financial Services Company: Led IT program and projects to enable development and deployment of a strategic new product; established structure to ensure effective cross-functional collaboration, communication, and decisioning on product and program requirements, schedule, and execution.
- Organization Design and Structure, Health System: Led a strategic organizational restructure and culture change across 10 surgical departments through business process, employee engagement, and change readiness assessments, solution design, communication planning and execution, implementation, and sustainability monitoring.
- Clinical Leadership and Talent Development, Change Leadership, Health System: Created and implemented clear role definitions for surgery leaders and coached clinical managers, supervisors, and charge nurses to work collaboratively within their newly defined roles.
- Clinical Project Management, Health System: Facilitated improvements to emergency department operations at multiple facilities by managing onsite assessments, complex data analysis, action planning, communication, and status reporting; recommended and implemented changes to project execution methodology to ensure stakeholder objectives were achieved.
- Performance Optimization, Health System: Retained a large physician practice contract by rapidly delivering a 34% improvement in endoscopy lab on-time procedure starts, greatly increasing physician satisfaction and operational effectiveness.
- Customer Satisfaction and Change Leadership, Health System: Improved HCAHPS (patient satisfaction) Rate Hospital top box scores by 6% during a seven-month engagement by developing and implementing a customized leader rounding process, creating training documentation and plans, and conducting leadership and staff training and coaching.
- Performance Optimization and Program Management, Health System: Implemented a tri-campus, multi-functional solution that improved Value-Based Purchasing quality measure performance from 4% of measures meeting benchmark to 67% of measures meeting benchmark during a single performance period.
- Lean Methodology Execution and Project Management, High-Reliability Manufacturer: Facilitated waste reduction in a high-reliability manufacturing line, reduced defects and cycle time through significant batch size reduction, and minimized transportation and motion by relocating workstations, tools, and inventory storage.
- Performance Optimization, Health System: Implemented streamlined workflows for billing, collections, denials, and payment review units resulting in a 13% increase in staff productivity and a 6% reduction in aged receivables.