Prior to joining Ankura, John was manager at Altus Group, where he provided valuation management and advisory for institutional clients across the US. He previously held positions at CBRE capital markets and CBRE valuation and advisory with a focus on portfolio and loan advisory and commercial real estate appraisals.
John’s professional experience includes:
- Served as account lead for institutional clients with over 400 assets across the US and with a combined asset under management (AUM) in excess of $20 billion.
- Performed valuations on commercial real estate properties ranging from $10 million to over $2 billion.
- Additional responsibilities included the quarterly, monthly and daily valuation process of institutional real estate funds, Net Asset Value (NAV) calculations as well as managing all aspects of the appraisal management process.
- Provided transaction and advisory services for commercial loan and property portfolios in excess of $8 billion across the US Sales included all real estate product types specifically performing and/or distressed debt. Portfolio sales of mortgage loans a ranged between $100 million and $2.6 billion. Individual loan sales range between $1 million and $500 million.
- Lead the evaluation and underwriting of complex transactions across all property types in primary and secondary markets in the US.
- Provided real property valuation and consultation assignments for properties in the tri-state area with an aggregate value in excess of $8 billion.
- Conducted real estate appraisals for investment and commercial banks, pension funds, investors, property owners, government agencies, and REITs.
- Served as a member of the CBRE/FDIC strike team which entailed advising FDIC of its portfolios of Owned Real Estate, assets held by the FDIC in its capacity as a receiver for failed financial institutions.