John’s experience includes work on prospective, live and forensic projects, advising lenders, owners, contractors and other stakeholders. He has expertise in the areas of project schedule delay analysis, productivity analysis, cost and damages quantification, and has authored and presented expert reports in negotiations, mediations, arbitration and litigation, in several legal jurisdictions globally. John is an experienced neutral, having acted as arbitrator, adjudicator, DAB/DRB, and mediator; he also lectures and provides mentorship and training in related subjects.
John’s professional experience includes:
- Lead expert, appointed by attorneys, for arbitration concerning contractor’s delay claims, on a traditional Owner design/Contractor build facility of a potable water treatment and processing facility sited on an Indian Reserve in Ontario Province, Canada.
- Advising the design-build contractor on risk and entitlements related to delays on numerous projects around the Greater Toronto Area. Major rail and infrastructure projects in
- Advisor to the City of Ottawa in preparation for hearings before a Dispute Resolution Board. Combined Surface water and Sewerage Tunnel, Ottawa, Canada.
- Advisor to contractor in respect of delay and disruption suffered to project schedule. Water pipeline construction, Alberta, Canada.
- Tribunal lead on panel of three arbitrators concerning damages claims by hotel/condominium owner against insurers. Arbitration concerning hurricane damage, St. Maarten, Caribbean.
- Sole arbitrator in a contractual arbitration considering Contractor claimed losses in consequence of wrongful termination of contract, and Owner counter claims for damages to complete the project. Arbitration concerning wrongful termination of constriction contract, Trinidad & Tobago, Caribbean.
- Contractor representative in contractual adjudication concerned with a Government housing project, Trinidad & Tobago, Caribbean.
- Expert appointed by contractor’s attorney in respect of a claim for delay and financial losses suffered on an aircraft hangar and office facility, Toronto, Ontario.
- Advisor to Turkish contractor on new airport terminal building and infrastructure project, Kuwait International Airport Terminal 2 building.
- On behalf of main contractor, providing independent review of trade contractor claims on museum project, Louvre Museum, Abu Dhabi, UAE.
- Providing independent review to Owner in relation to contractor claims on new international airport construction, Abu Dhabi, UAE.
- Providing independent review to Owner in consideration of EPC contractor claims on new oil refinery installation, Iraq.
- Providing advice to Owner in defense of claims by EPC contractor on multiple expansion projects within existing oil refinery installation; Kuwait.
- Advisor to contractor concerning delay and disruption claims arising out of asphalt specification changes. Major highway upgrade and resurfacing scheme, Kuwait.