Jonathan has spent the last two years helping Ankura achieve various aspects of transformation. This work has included, integrating acquisitions, facilitating the development and execution of firm strategy, and managing priority initiatives such as the firm’s budgeting and five-year strategic planning process.
In addition to his internal role, Jonathan’s work serving clients has included the development and review of business plans; financial modeling and projections; cash flow and liquidity analysis; the management of treasury operations; claims analysis; operational due diligence; the renegotiation of credit facilities; bankruptcy planning; the unraveling of complex accounting transactions; asset tracing; and litigation support. Jonathan has also worked on internal and Securities and Exchange Commission investigations related to financial and securities fraud, embezzlement, and circumvention of internal controls.
Prior to joining Ankura, Jonathan was a senior director in FTI Consulting’s forensic and litigation consulting practice.
Jonathan’s recent professional experience includes:
- Fraud/Consumer Protection Compliance Oversight: Serves as part of leadership team in a court-appointed role to provide independent compliance oversight for $10 billion in a remedial payments program undertaken by a car manufacturer in connection with a consumer protection and environmental matter arising from consolidated class action litigation, as well as in Federal Trade Commission, Department of Justice, Environmental Protection Agency, and other government agency enforcement actions.
- Government Agency Restructuring: Managed the implementation of a project management office to facilitate the fiscal plan of a government agency. Met with the agency’s leadership, interviewed key agency employees, and set up working groups and workplans to support the PMO.
- SEC Receivership: Managed the team serving as the financial advisor to the SEC Receiver of the Michael Kenwood Group Receivership, which involved unraveling a $700 million Ponzi scheme. Managed the operations of the receivership, wound down the businesses, reconstructed the books and records, unraveled complex transactions, assisted with claw-back actions, and handled claims administration.
- Southern District of New York Receivership: Assisted the Receiver of a cash management business seized by the government after a $50 million embezzlement was exposed. Managed all aspects of the related bankruptcy proceeding, including winding down of the businesses and the liquidation of assets.
- Internal Fraud Investigation (Private Equity Company): Led the detailed investigation of a managing partner at a multibillion-dollar PE company, which resulted in identifying $65 million in misappropriated funds. Performed a detailed review of investment transactions and provided recommendations for internal control improvements.
- Internal Fraud Investigation (Manufacturing Company): Led the investigation related to a top executive of a global childcare products manufacturer. Performed interviews, detailed analysis of expense reports, and the review of related policies and procedures.
- Special Committee Investigation: Assisted the investigation in connection with a restructuring of a quick-service restaurant chain. Performed interviews of management and key employees, and reviewed numerous financial projections used to solidify the restructuring negotiations.