Before joining Ankura, Mark has worked for multiple other consulting companies and software product companies across a variety of industry verticals including manufacturing, digital entertainment, retail/ecommerce, real estate and behavioral healthcare. He has held various technical leadership roles and managed a variety of projects to successful completion.
Mark’s experience includes:
- Vendor Risk Management, Healthcare: Conducted a program maturity assessment based on the VRM Maturity Model for a U.S. healthcare system. Led the implementation of an overhauled process and technology solution for evaluating new vendor engagements and managing those approved through an overall vendor lifecycle.
- CCPA Compliance, Retail: Designed and implemented process and software solution for receiving and managing consumer requests for one of the world’s top 10 sports apparel companies. Developed data inventory/mapping of personal information, consumer request solution and other related deliverables for a large national retail chain and a large food and beverage manufacturer.
- Global Privacy Compliance, Healthcare: Developed data inventory/mapping of personal information for one of the largest telemedicine providers in the world. This includes coverage for a global enterprise and compliance with multiple privacy laws including GDPR, CCPA, and LGPD.
- CCPA Compliance, Financial Services: Designed and implemented process and software solution for receiving and managing consumer requests for a mid-size bank.
- Process Design, Financial Services: Re-engineered processes for the Information Governance team of one of the world’s largest financial derivatives exchanges. This involves assessing and diagramming process flows for how things work currently, suggesting areas for improvement and driving the implementation of technology to enable the improvements.
- CCPA Compliance, Transportation: Supported $6 billion multi-national transportation group in extending an existing GDPR compliance program to handle requirements of the CCPA where applicable for their U.S. operations. This included implementing a new solution for handling consumer requests.
- CCPA Compliance, Real Estate: Assessed gaps in existing privacy program, developed data inventory/mapping of personal information and performed as project manager for overall privacy compliance initiative for one of the largest Real Estate Investment Trusts (REIT) in the US. Also implemented a consumer request solution for another REIT.
- CCPA Compliance, Insurance: Developed data inventory/mapping of personal information and performed as project manager for overall initiative for a $5 billion property and casualty insurance company. Also did the same for a second smaller property and casualty insurer.
- CCPA Compliance, Professional Sports Team: Supported professional US sports team and related legal entities to develop a CCPA compliance program roadmap and create a global data inventory.
- CCPA Compliance, Education: Developed data inventory/mapping of personal information for a company that provides education services to colleges and high schools.
- Prior experience includes the following on a wide variety of projects:
- Software Development: Led the design, architecture and implementation of commercial software products and custom applications for companies in the manufacturing, digital entertainment, real estate, healthcare and retail industries.
- Managed Staffing: Led consulting practices at two prior companies which provided IT staffing services to a variety of clients.
- Project and Team Management: Have functioned as a project manager for a wide variety of projects and managed teams of people up to approximately 300 in size.