Michael J. Perullo is a Senior Director at Ankura based in Atlanta. Michael has extensive experience providing executive leadership in all areas of complex project management. With significant experience working for a diversified group of entities, his most recent experiences include large scale commercial claims preparation, insolvency determination, forensic investigation, risk management, catastrophe solution design, and financial consulting. Earlier in his career, he gained experience in marketing environmental claims services, operational reviews, and developed a foundation in accounting and auditing as a Certified Public Accountant. Michael has been a continuously licensed CPA in multiple states since 1989.
Michael’s professional experience includes:
- Supported insureds’ efforts to recover business interruption losses incurred during Hurricanes Harvey, Irma, Maria, and Michael ($500 million) for Fortune 500 clients.
- Facilitated on-site treasury management capabilities to support offshore oil storage facility’s catastrophic Hurricane Matthew losses ($27 million).
- Recruited by former FBI director and court-appointed special master to assist with BP Deepwater Horizon Economic Claims Center mid-stream fraud investigation for the first $3 billion in claims payments.
- Designed and supported finance and logistics teams charged with managing financial exposure created by Hurricane Sandy driven oil spill; adjudicated complex ship yard business interruption claims ($3 million).
- Developed on-site treasury management function ($51 million) to support active Deepwater Horizon Vessels of Opportunity response operations for the St. Bernard sector.
- Served as court-appointed class action disbursement agent charged with fulfillment of court monitored claims settlement program ($120 million) arising from Hurricane Katrina environmental catastrophe.
- Designed database architecture and led catastrophe services project team through multiple voluntary payment programs ($84 million) to reduce risk of class action litigation.
- Conducted litigation support forensic examination of insolvency era financial transactions and events.
- Designed and built insolvency date predictive model using corroborated inputs and variables.
- Served as interim financial and executive officer for key clients and large-scale projects.
- Reengineered finance and accounting functions; created complex service pricing models.
- Conducted investigation of complex commodity futures trading and international metals fraud.