Rajal specializes in conducting fraud and anti-corruption investigations. She is an expert at assessing accounting systems and corporate control environments and implementing creative solutions to help her clients fill gaps and weaknesses in controls that led to investigations.
Rajal also brings her expertise to financial institutions in the areas of compliance testing, AML and sanctions transaction monitoring, lookbacks, model validations and tuning, data governance, and anti-bribery enhancements to KYC platforms.
Rajal combines her forensic accounting and operational expertise to help clients develop solutions to improve anti-corruption and anti-money laundering controls.
Throughout her career, Rajal has led significant forensic investigations, risk, compliance and litigation projects:
- Conducted numerous fraud and anti-corruption investigations on some of the most complex and high-profile cases worldwide, including several in India, Mexico, Colombia, Brazil, Argentina, Chile, China, India, Indonesia, Azerbaijan, South Korea, Australia, Turkey, Macedonia, Hungary, and the United Kingdom
- Served as an expert for the US Securities and Exchange Commission in a civil case against former foreign executives involved in a bribery scheme.
- Supported financial institutions under NY-DFS monitorship in compliance testing, AML and sanctions transaction lookbacks, model validations, TM system enhancements and tuning, enhancements to KYC platforms and data governance.
- Conducted numerous accounting and financial investigations involving compliance with regulations, foreign corrupt practices issues, revenue recognition, financial-reporting irregularities, the propriety of related-party activities, and alleged fraudulent transactions.
- Investigated management financial-reporting frauds, whistle-blower allegations, employee embezzlements, insurance frauds, and management/employee kickbacks.
- Investigated reserve estimation, long-term-contract accounting, contingent liabilities, and review of internal controls and accounting systems.
- Performed a wide range of litigation consulting resulting in expert testimony, arbitration submissions, reports, and presentations to the US Securities and Exchange Commission, the US Department of Justice, and the Federal Bureau of Investigation.