Regina serves clients from a variety of industries and backgrounds, both locally and internationally, including governments, regulators, financial services, telecommunications, entertainment and hospitality, retail, manufacturing, agriculture, as well as IPO clients in China.
Regina’s professional experience includes:
- Led review team in conducting an independent investigation into certain pricing and disclosures practices impacting trading transactions with clients by reviewing communication records of selected employees of an international leading private bank to identify potential misconduct, in reaction to regulators in Hong Kong and Singapore. The SFC has reprimanded and fined the bank HK$400 million for overcharging its clients and related systemic internal control failures.
- Engaged by the independent board committee of a global financial institution listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange to conduct an independent review in relation to certain suspected irregular transactions and potentially fraudulent activities of the company and its subsidiaries covered in their money lending, security dealings and investment business. Led review team in assessing and analyzing financial records and electronic data to identify unusual transactional patterns in stock trading activities, related party transactions and acts of employee misconduct.
- In charge of review team to conduct an independent investigation into a Hong Kong-listed marine food manufacturing and wholesale company to assist the special committee and external legal counsel with understanding the allegations of financial statement fraud and related party transactions.
- Primary contact of the team, involved in a large remediation program undertaken for an international private bank in Hong Kong and Singapore to bring its policies, procedures, and documentation of client files in compliance with the HKMA and MAS requirements as well as the Group’s standard. The bank was fined HK$7 million by the HKMA and S$2.4 million by the MAS for breaching Anti-Money Laundering regulations in 1MDB-linked transactions.
- Carried out an independent investigation into fraud allegations made by a short seller against a U.S.-listed Chinese mobile services company. Assisted the listed company, the special committee, and external counsel in the understanding of the investigation into or defense against allegations of accounting and financial reporting improprieties.
- Conducted forensic due diligence to assist a private equity fund of a USD$5 million acquisition. Project involved looking into Chinese agriculture operations of the target company to identify suspected fraudulent financial statements and potential management corruption.
- Conducted independent investigations into whistleblower allegations of kickbacks and sales fraud claimed by a global advertising agency in various China branches.
- Led review team on litigation support in relation to the commercial disputes between parties in Singapore, Hong Kong, and India.
- Engaged by private equity fund/private wealth management to assist in an investigation into potential short seller allegations including conflict of interests and financial statement manipulations.
- Conducted an independent internal review of the submission process—including collection, processing, review, and analysis of communications and data—related to benchmark interest rates in connection with HIBOR rate setting for a major reference bank in Hong Kong.
- Provided FCPA compliance review for a high-profile pharmaceutical company and investigated any violations of FCPA among the employees and agents of the company and its subsidiaries in China.
- Provided litigation support to solicitors of the claimant in a Hong Kong-based arbitration case. Project included analysis of funds flow between various parties, property costs and capital investment analysis involving certain disputes.
- Engaged by The Hong Kong Customs and Exercise Department to assist them with an independent investigation into oil smuggling activities by fishing vessels as well as in preparing an Independent Expert Witness Report to give opinions on the possibility of money laundering, forgery of documents, and on the funds flow and the source of funds.