Richard Robinson is a Managing Director at Ankura based in London. Richard is instrumental in providing programme management office (PMO) services, including PMO set-ups and all aspects of project and programme management (PPM). Prior to joining Ankura in 2016, he had a 36-year career in the British Army, specialising in military planning.
Richard’s professional experience includes:
- Project Review, Refurbishment Programme: Assisted in the review of a major refurbishment project; advised on strategy towards financial settlement.
- Due Diligence Report, London Real Estate: Assisted in a review to advise an overseas client considering investment in London prime real estate.
- Project Review, Capital Investment Manager: Assisted in a review of the client’s preparedness for a “black swan” event and the reasonableness of the client’s actions thereafter. Interviewed client staff and key stakeholders, constructed a chronology of events and supporting narrative.
- Programme support, London Borough: As start-up Programme Manager on a £450 million project to deliver a new secondary school, leisure centre and 480 new housing units by 2021, he drafted the suite of key project management documents and set up the management information and reporting procedures.
- Governance and organizational review, London Borough: Reviewed the current governance of the education capital programme team following the award of several mixed use developments to be delivered by the team.
- PMO set up for a strategic change programme: Drafted the programme brief for a major supply chain change programme.
- PMO functional lead for transformation programme: Provided PMO functional experience on a critical transformation programme for an oil and gas US client going through an accounting restatement exercise.
Insights & innovation