Rob began his professional career with Arthur Andersen, where he held various positions, including partner. In 2002, Rob moved to Navigant where he held various positions, including the leader of the tax controversy services practice, which was acquired by Ankura in 2018.
Representative Engagement Experiences
- Provided expert accounting and consulting services to US taxpayers petitioning for the re-determination of proposed adjustments or pursuing the refund of tax overpayments. Notable tax controversy trials in which Rob has participated or provided testimony include:
- The Coca-Cola Company v. Commissioner, T.C. Docket No. 31183-15 (opinion pending)
- Amazon.com, Inc. v. Commissioner, T.C. Docket No. 31197-12, Opinion 148 T.C. 8 (2017)
- Veritas v. Commissioner, T.C. Docket No. 12075-06, Opinion 133 T.C. 297 (2009)
- Compaq v. Commissioner, T.C. Docket No. 24238-96, Opinion 78 T.C.M. 20 (1999)
- Seagate v. Commissioner, T.C. Docket No. 11660-90, Opinion 102 T.C. 149 (1994)
- Perkin-Elmer v. Commissioner, T.C. Docket No. 28860-89, Opinion 66 T.C.M. 634 (1993)
- Prepared accounting analyses to support international taxpayers’ transfer pricing documentation compliance requirements.
US Government and Internal Accounting Investigations
- Provided forensic accounting services to international companies undergoing internal accounting investigations.
- Provided accounting consulting services to publicly-held companies undergoing US Government investigations.
- Rob’s findings in internal and US Government accounting investigations have contributed to the stoppage of US Government inquiries and the recanting of alleged fraud schemes.
Class Action Litigation
- Provided exposure analysis, class certification, and damages support to defendants involved in class/collective action disputes.
Telecommunications Litigation and Regulatory Support
- Supported Regional Bell Operating Companies, inter-exchange carriers, wireless carriers, and international data providers in complex commercial litigation, Federal Communications Commission rulemaking, regulatory compliance, and accounting department operations improvement.