Roy Messing is a Senior Managing Director at Ankura with over 25 years of experience advising the boards of directors and senior management of troubled companies and creditor constituencies in both operational and financial restructurings, providing interim management services to both healthy and distressed companies, and acting as liquidating trustee for liquidation trusts. He has worked in a wide variety of industries including manufacturing and distribution, chemicals, energy, building materials, commercial real estate, financial services, professional services, medical devices and services, pharmaceuticals, technology, media, telecom, and entertainment. He is based in New York.
Prior to joining Ankura, Roy was a senior managing director at FTI Consulting, where he represented creditors and debtors in bankruptcy and turnaround situations, as well as providing interim management services, including the role of chief restructuring officer. Roy began his career as an associate at McKinsey & Company and has held numerous executive positions.
Roy’s professional experience includes:
- CRO for Caribbean Petroleum Corporation, a $400 million distributor of petroleum products in a liquidating Chapter 11.
- CRO of Last Call Holdings, an 81-store restaurant chain including the Champps, Fox & Hound, and Baileys brands.
- CRO and interim chief executive officer for Filip Technologies, an early-stage, venture-backed consumer electronics and internet of things services platform company.
- Liquidation trustee for the Caribbean Petroleum Corporation Liquidation Trust, following the company’s liquidating Chapter 11.
- Liquidation Trustee for the Dewey & LeBoeuf Secured Lender Trust, following the company’s liquidating Chapter 11.
- Liquidation Trustee for the Filip Technologies Liquidation Trust, following the company’s liquidating Chapter 11.
- Interim president for Peachtree Doors and Windows, a $200 million manufacturer and distributor of residential building products.
- Interim president for BetterBilt Doors and Windows, a $150 million aluminum extruder and manufacturer of residential building products.
- Interim president for BranchServ, a privately held physical and electronic service provider for retail financial institutions.
- Interim President for CustomVault, a privately held designer and manufacturer of high-security modular vault systems for the US government and major pharmaceutical companies.
- Advisor to the secured lenders to Dewey & LeBoeuf, a large international law firm, in the firm’s liquidation.
- Advisor to the board of directors of a $400 million distributor of commercial building products and security devices during its restructuring.
- Advisor to the city of Philadelphia, where he helped the city identify savings in third-party spend and enhancements to the city’s revenue collection processes.
- Advisor to Bally’s Fitness during its wind-down and liquidation.
- Advisor to the board of directors of a medical device company founded by a recent Nobel laureate in chemistry.
- Advisor to the debtor-in-possession and secured lenders, holding $16 billion of debt, to LyondellBasell, a $50 billion petrochemical company in its Chapter 11.
- Advisor to the secured lenders, holding $2 billion of debt, to Centro Properties Group, an Australian Real Estate Investment Trust.
- Advisor to the secured lenders of a $600 million designer and manufacturer of specialty retail products in a restructuring of the company’s debt.
- Advisor to the lenders in a restructuring of the secured debt of a $400 million pharmaceutical manufacturer and packager.
- Advisor to the secured lenders to a $400 million resort and casino in a restructuring of the company’s debt.
- News &