Scott has a very strong technical background that includes five years as a hands-on, practicing geologist and geophysicist, technical oil & gas operating experience, as well as reserve engineering with a major integrated oil and gas company, as a principal investor and as an interim manager and consultant.
He has worked to advise and finance capital structures of energy, exploration and production and oil-field service companies. In addition, Scott has worked with equity sponsors, secured lenders, unsecured creditors’ committees, boards of directors/special committees, creditor trusts, sureties/bond insurance companies, bondholders, and regulatory agencies.
He has extensive experience as a financial advisor to both a diverse set of creditor groups and debtors. He recently was engaged by secured lender and creditor groups to provide financial advisory services related to exposure in an offshore oil and gas production company and an energy commodity trading firm. He has served debtors as CRO, interim CEO, interim CFO, Director and advisor to Boards of Directors.
Scott’s professional experience includes:
- Managing the sourcing, underwriting, and management of a diverse array of energy and oil and gas investments for two large financial institutions.
- Led the energy restructuring and advisory practices for two national consulting firms.
- Served as chief restructuring officer for multiple oil and gas companies.
- Served as chief financial officer and chief risk office for a $1 billion upstream oil and gas company where he led two restructuring transactions, including a consensual in-court restructuring.
- Served as CRO for two oil and gas exploration and production companies where he led pre- and post-petition work, including attempted pre-petition debt alternatives, debtor-in-possession financing, filing preparation, sales processing, plan confirmations, and all aspects of bankruptcy administration.
- Served as interim CFO for a public oil and gas company and its related entities.
Served as CFO of other companies in flux to reforecast and negotiate an amendment, waiver, and forbearance with secured lenders.
- Served as an advisor responsible for reorganizing and restructuring a $675 million oil exploration and production company.
- Acted as advisor for three wind-power project investments responsible for restructuring equity, debt, and tax credits.
- Acted as advisor for a US coal company located in the central Appalachian region where he was responsible for the balance sheet restructuring.
- Acted as a restructuring advisor for an oil-field service company where he was responsible for asset management, optimization of operations, and restructuring debt and equity.
- Served on boards of directors for public and private companies, including a $1.5 billion upstream oil and gas company.