Scott Millar is a Senior Managing Director at Ankura and is based in London. Scott has over 23 years of turnaround and transformation experience, applying financial restructuring and operational turnaround skills to capture value for stakeholders in complex situations under challenging resource constraints. He has undertaken both advisory and interim roles, including Chairman, Chief Restructuring Officer (CRO) and Non-Executive Director. Prior to joining Ankura, Scott was co-head of a global consulting firms’ UK Turnaround and Restructuring practice.
- Scott is a respected leader with a talent for bringing people together to stabilise, transform and add value to businesses. He has served in senior roles in private and public companies in Europe, the U.S., and the UK, developing and executing comprehensive turnaround programmes, including strategy development, operating model transformations, balance sheet reconstructions, stakeholder negotiations, accelerated mergers and acquisitions activity. Scott’s professional experience includes:
- Extensive experience within financial and professional services, construction, outsourcing, facilities management, and hospitality & leisure industries.
- Appointed, as Chief Restructuring Officer, to the Board of a super- premium Pan European Health Club Group, responsible for leading the financial restructuring and refinancing of the Group, as well as the implementation of a commercial and operational transformation programme.
- Chief Restructuring Officer for an international UK listed support services and construction business, with a £3.7 billion turnover. Engaged by the Board to lead the financial restructuring of £1.0 billion of indebtedness, securing £200m of new facilities and £100m of committed bonding lines.
- Engaged as Chief Restructuring Advisor by the shareholders of a listed international law firm to undertake a diagnostic review of the Group’s strategy and operating model and working with management to develop and implement a transformation programme.
- Advised the Board and CRO of a £1.5 billion UK listed international provider of print and digital services, working alongside management in the negotiation and restructuring of £2.2 billion indebtedness three separate schemes of arrangement. This role also included a review and input on the group’s transition plan from a print to digital business.
- Led the share purchase negotiations of a European airline. Involved undertaking transactional due diligence, reviewing a complex business model and working capital positions across three separate businesses to ascertain the immediate funding requirement.
- Advised lenders to a national housebuilder to negotiate restructured finance facilities, underpinned by operational efficiency measures, governance enhancements, and a divestment programme of a non-core business unit.
- National UK law firm, primarily providing legal services to the insurance industry, implemented operational and liquidity measures to generate and conserve cash; secured additional funding and a standstill from the lending syndicate. Implemented a managed sale process for the group, resulting in a carve-out of seven separate businesses that were sold concurrently.
- Acted for a U.S. based supplier to UK listed retailer with over 800 stores across the UK, delivering a loan-to-own strategy through a debt-for-equity mechanic, as well as implementing store portfolio rationalisation programme.
- Project Director reporting to the CRO for the third largest retail and investment bank in an Eastern European country and advising the Central Bank. Responsible for the operational management of the Bank and the successful sale of the operating businesses, including performing and non-performing loan books.