Sean collaborates with client leaders and serves as a creative thought partner to design and implement strategies that resonate with the client’s culture while creating breakthrough momentum. Over the course of his career, Sean has developed functional expertise in business analysis, process optimization, distribution, transportation, logistics, publishing, and information technology.
Sean joined Ankura with the firm’s 2018 acquisition of c3/consulting. His work has focused on the implementation of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems and leading transformative change initiatives on behalf of global clients in the financial services, legal, and healthcare sectors.
Prior to his work with c3, Sean held operations leadership positions with Ingram Content Company where his responsibilities included managing the transportation analysis group and developing international distribution networks.
Sean’s professional experience includes:
- Supply Chain Optimization and Restructuring, Hospital Healthcare Services: Engaged to provide strategic and subject matter expertise for Fortune 500 hospital management company pursuing an aggressive 18-month transformation to significantly reduce supply expense and streamline operations.
- Software System Multi-Country Implementation, Legal Services Company: Led accelerated six-month deployment of cloud-based Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Corporate Performance Management (CPM) system for a divested multi-national legal services company.
- Software System Multi-Country Deployment, Financial Services Company: Led the process design and optimization for an enterprise project management office (PMO) to accelerate deployment of an Oracle-based enterprise resource planning system to more than 10 countries, reducing the adoption time in each country by a third compared to original projections and saving the client more than $10 million overall.
- Process Improvements, Financial Services Company: Developed operations playbook for a multinational captive finance company to standardize business processes across 35 operating units. Global owners were engaged to manage content and sustain long-term value through defined governance procedures.
- Training and Change Management, Financial Services Company: Designed and directed training and change management program on behalf of a Fortune 1000 client transitioning to a new global operating model and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
- Site Selection Advisory, Commercial Print on Demand Company: Provided transportation and logistics expertise in support of site selection project for over $20 million greenfield print on demand manufacturing facility.
- Shipping Optimization, Commercial Print on Demand Company: Directed review of shipping practices for Australian print on demand facility, improving freight margins from negative 58% to positive 23% while maintaining required service levels.
- Process Improvements, Commercial Print on Demand Company: Developed algorithm-based order allocation model for multi-node, international print on demand company, harmonizing shipment time-in-transit and operations expense.
- Software System Deployment, Publisher Distribution Company: Designed and led effort to implement AS400 based customer service shipment tracer system, reducing shipment tracking and issue resolution cycle times by 70%.
- Software System Deployment, Publisher Distribution Company: Led implementation of Manhattan Associates transportation management audit, payment, and claims platform resulting in staff reduction of 33%.
- Transportation Optimization, Publisher Distribution Company: Reconfigured legacy pooled distribution network to remove fixed costs while achieving next day service to 90% of target accounts, resulting in $1.6 million in annual savings.