Sharon Siegel Voelzke is a Senior Managing Director at Ankura, based in New York. Sharon has over 30 years of experience as a global business leader and advisor with expertise in multifunctional general management and a rare combination of skills including profit optimization, resource optimization, risk management and business strategy, alignment, and transformation. Sharon’s diverse career has ranged from serving as primary client relationship manager for many long-term clients, to successfully leading large operational engagements, to hiring and coaching senior professionals to developing business and communication strategies. During the 18 years that Sharon focused exclusively on client delivery, she assisted large financial services organizations with change management efforts related to addressing operational changes as a result of regulation, reorganization, and/or other management directives.
Sharon’s professional highlights include:
- Served as COO of a $325 million public company business segment, and was responsible for financial performance, development of segment strategies, executive level-reporting, compensation strategies, and communications.
- Chaired the management committee (for four years) and served on the executive committee (for 10 years) of a $1 billion publicly traded global firm. Led multiple initiatives and company transformations designed to improve market positioning, enhance culture, and improve overall operating efficiencies.
- Developed and led a firm-wide key account program and sales culture initiative designed to change the culture, process, rewards, training, and technology related to sales-enablement for all professionals.
- Served as an active member of the risk oversight committee of a $1 billion publicly traded global firm and was responsible for defining and prioritizing risk factors and proactively mitigating impediments to success for one of its largest business segments.
- Led the acquisition process resulting in purchase and integration of over ten companies ranging in size from $1 million – $30 million per annum. Responsible for cultural and operational due diligence and assimilation.
- Chairperson of an award-winning Women in Business Leadership Forum, an annual four-day networking and professional development retreat with top executive female clients.
- Spent 18 years leading and working on a variety of dispute, compliance, or other operational engagements for financial services and other clients to assist with addressing changes as a result of regulation, reorganization, and/or other management directives. Examples of engagements Sharon led include supporting her clients with outsourcing of claims administration functions, requests for equitable adjustments, large scale systems conversions, customer rebates/remediations, implementation of federal privacy regulations, demutualization, sales practices litigation, abandoned property compliance, and others.
- News & events
- Lehigh University Women in Business Panel, 04/2018, “What Diversity and Inclusion Means to Me”
- Quorum Initiative, 02/2017, “Relationships You Need to Succeed: Mentors and Community”
- Lehigh Women in Finance, 04/2015, Women’s Leadership Panel