During this time, he has primarily been involved with FIDIC based civil engineering, airport, rail, roads and highways, nuclear and infrastructure contracts and EPC contracts relating to oil and gas and power projects.
Steve has a successful track record of leading commercial teams on major programmes of work on an international basis. During the last 15 years, he has been involved in the contractual aspects of construction, providing expert reports and advice and has successfully led the prosecution and defence of multi-million-dollar claims including setting strategy, leading negotiations, and managing teams responsible for quantum.
Steve’s areas of expertise cover: quantum expert witness; claims analysis and preparation; claims commercial management; contract reviews and drafting; final account settlement and negotiation.
His professional experience includes:
- Formal Dispute Resolution – Provision of Expert Witness Services and Expert Advice: Preparation or evaluation of documentation for arbitration and mediation services and support including:
- Darwin, Australia – Power plant on one of the world’s largest LNG projects.
- Almaty, Kazakhstan – 112km highway from Almaty to the Chinese border.
- Abu Dhabi – Oil refinery project.
- Dubai – The worlds’ tallest residential only building; Saudi-German Hospital; infrastructure and utilities to a large luxury residential development in Dubailand; lack of infrastructure provided by a master developer in Dubailand.
- Hong Kong – Tunneling and drainage works in Kowloon. Mediation support on a major dispute between the Hong Kong Airport Authority and the Hong Kong Mass Transit Railway Corporation.
- Claims and Dispute related services including:
- Dubai – Residential development in Dubai. Multi story office tower in Dubai’s Old Town. New town development and Terminal building at Dubai Airport.
- Abu Dhabi – 5-star hotel and mixed use development. Bridge crossing at Sowahh Island.
- Iraq -On-shore oil installations.
- Jordan – High-end shopping mall in Amman.
- KSA – Drafting contract documents for consultancy agreements for Damman Municipality.
- Yemen – Third-party independent reports for Yemen LNG Company.
- Qatar – Major highway in Qatar, Doha; LNG refinery in Doha.
- Madagascar – Coal fired power station on a cobalt/nickel refinery.
- Hong Kong – Representing the Airport Authority on an Entrustment Agreement with Hong Kong’s Mass Transit Railway Corporation. Major roads and drainage rehabilitation scheme.
- Sumatra – EPC Turn Key contract for a LNG complex.
- Indonesia – Gas turbine power station in Jakarta.
- Kazakhstan – Mixed- use development in Astana.
- Commercial management including:
- Dubai – Resident contracts manager on a Monorail project on Palm Jumeirah.
- Qatar – Member of the tender review panel on the Lusail Light Rail Transit project. Assisted in the preparation of tender documents for the first stadium package for the Qatar 2022 World Cup.
- Hong Kong – Contract administration on behalf of the Airport Authority Hong Kong for the HK$10 billion airport platform contract. Contract administration on behalf of the Airport Authority Hong Kong for the HK$3 billion Ground Transportation Centre on Chek Lap Kok Airport.
- Malaysia – New multi-media university at Cyberjaya near Kuala Lumpur.
- Tanzania – Variety of projects throughout Tanzania and Zanzibar in East Africa. Projects included a laboratory complex in Dar-es-Salaam, mechanical engineering laboratories for Dar-es-Salaam University, printing press in Zanzibar, hotel in Morogoro, hostel in Arusha, head post office and telephone exchange in Mtwara, and warehouse and office block in Kigoma.
- Bahrain – Resident contracts engineer on a major oil refinery in Bahrain. Senior quantity surveyor for the Public Works Department which included roads, highways, schools, community centres, and other municipal building for the Bahrain Government. Also responsible for the settlement of claims on these in-house projects.