Uwe Heim is a Senior Managing Director at Ankura, based in Frankfurt am Main, Germany. He has more than 20 years of investigative experience as a forensic expert for two major global consultancy firms and as a member of the German Federal Police Office (BKA) in the department of international organized crime.
Uwe’s professional experience includes:
- International investigations of fraud, misconduct, money laundering, organized crime, bribery, and corruption in corporates, banks, and NGOs.
- Strong cooperation with regulators and law enforcement authorities.
- Bribery and corruption investigation at a German real estate investment bank for the German Regulator (BaFin) in cooperation with the prosecutor and the local police and tax authorities.
- Forensic investigations of Russian-organised crime fraud cases associated with an NGO based in NY, Frankfurt, and Tel Aviv for the German Ministry of Finance.
- Forensic investigations regarding bribery and corruption cases for a German, MDAX-listed company in 38 countries in cooperation with the prosecutor’s office and a police task force. Conducted interviews and dawn raids together with the law enforcement authorities.
- Two Global Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) sanctions investigations in a bank and a corporate with direct reporting to the OFAC in cooperation with U.S. law firms.